The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
April Showers
Hogwarts Prefect: Gryffindor
April Showers

I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Empty
PostSubject: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 pm

April glared at the bubbling cauldron in front of her and added the next ingredient Professor Snape had instructed her to add. Granted...she wasn't sure what he wanted her to do with it. Looking at the strange slug she glanced over at one of the Slytherin's and watched as Draco Malfoy began slicing the little thing into bits. Her stomach turned and raising her hand she called her Professor over. Normally Professor Snape was up in the Headmaster's office, but today seeing as they were short handed on teachers he took over their Potions class every once in a blue moon. And today had been a blue moon.

"Sir!" she said loudly. "Professor Snape! I can't do this!"

She felt her stomach turn once more when the little slug's body was cut into chunks and without further prompting she gagged.

"God, that is so gross!"

April would never understand how someone could bare to cut something up and watch it squirm. Granted, Draco Malfoy was a strange kid. She did not want to know what went through his head when he did shit like this. Looking at her Professor she could almost feel the scorn that radiated off his body.

"I'm going to be sick sir," she whimpered. "Please excuse me to the Hospital Wing?"
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Head Boy: Slytherin
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Gareth sat in his seat at the back of the room on the side with most of the Slytherins. He'd been doing his work like the rest of the class when he heard someone say that they couldn't do it.

He looked up and saw that it had been April Showers. He didn't blame her when she gagged at having to chop up the slugs they were to add to the potion, but thought that it was possible that she might have just had a weak stomach. He waited until he had the chance and moved his things over by her.

"If you want, I could do that for you," he said. "Or I could take you to the hospital wing? You look like you're going to be blowing chunks of what that slug looks like. Sorry." He didn't know if that comment was the best idea, since she was already looking a little green to him.

Gareth looked around the room for the Professor. He thought about just taking her by the arm and getting her the @#!*% out of there before she actually was sick. That wouldn't be a pleasant sight.....or smell. And since they were in the dungeons, he decided that it would be more beneficial to not have the room needing to be magically aired out.

"Professor Snape? I could take her to the hospital wing, sir."
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Administrator: Hogwarts Staff: Headmaster: Occlumens: Legilimens: 34 yrs old
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Severus sighed, he knew that April Showers had a track record for feigning illness and then skipping on her merrily way out to the grounds. He knew this girl all too well, but he also knew the tell tale signs of when children were about to be ill. He could see the sheen of sweat on her forehead, and the green twinge her skin was taking. Sighing he turned to Winter and waved them off. Severus may have been a cold man, but he was also a father. He knew that if his child were to be sick in class he would murder any teacher that kept her in that position.

He also knew that April Showers was downright awful at potions. He did not want another blown up cauldron on his midst. The last time it happened the poor girl had been hospitalized for over three weeks. Shaking his head he dismissed them once more, this time with a little more force in his voice.

"Well get moving," he hissed. "If she vomits YOU will be cleaning it up, Mr. Winter."
Back to top Go down
https://themirroroferised.rpg-board.net
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Gareth nodded and took April by the arm. He led her out of the class room and down the corridor.

"Are you really sick, of just trying to get out of class?" he asked the girl. He knew of her habit of skipping out of class after saying that she was sick. And if he were caught with her outside of the class room, he had every intention of saying that he was taking her to the hospital wing.

"I don't want to be in Potions, either. I hate that class. I have never been very good at it, but if I'm going to get into trouble for you just wanting to skip Potions, then I will rat on you faster than you can blink!"

He didn't want to sound so cruel, but this was his last year in school, and he needed good marks to graduate and go into the Ministry like he wanted to.

"I want to go into the Wizengamot when I leave Hogwarts. I need to have high marks for that, April."
Back to top Go down
April Showers
April Showers

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 am

April rolled her eyes, of course this snake would only care about what he wanted. April had no interest in taking him down in his academics. And if she wanted to get out of class she would have used more creative methods. Shaking her head she could not help but slightly lean on Gareth. She wasn't going to do anything to him, she knew that he had a girlfriend...and April respected her. But the fact was that her knees were starting to shake and she was having some trouble standing straight after looking at all the gore of her potions class.

"Look Winter," she breathed. "If you don't stop talking, I'm going to puke all over you."

April never resorted to calling Gareth by his last name so hopefully this was a clue as to how horrible she felt. Biting her lower lip she had to stop briefly as a small wave of nausea washed over her. Closing her eyes she held her stomach.

"Can...can I sit for a bit?" she whimpered. "Just for a bit? I'm starting to feel dizzy."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Gareth, now realizing that April wasn't kidding nodded and led her over to a bench to sit for a moment.

"I'm sorry, April. I thought that you were just faking. I'll take you to the Hospital wing, no more complaints. You really look like you're going to be sick!"

He'd had enough experience with people getting sick, four younger brothers and sisters did that to you. It was a rare time when all of them were healthy, that was for sure.

He sat and waited for her to be able to go with him to the Hospital Wing.

"Are you all right?"
Back to top Go down
April Showers
April Showers

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Before April could react and say anymore to Gareth she felt her stomach give a very uncomfortable lurch. Closing her eyes her arms wrapped around her middle and she leaned forward to make the pain stop. She knew that it was because she could still see those disgusting bugs in her head, but she was sure that she would be over them by now! Closing her eyes tighter her hands shook as they gripped her stomach roughly.

Feeling bile rise in her throat she quickly coughed and the contents of her stomach landed on the cobblestone floor in a splash. She had to admit that as mortified as she was she did feel better.

"I...I'm sorry Gar," she whimpered. "I...I just can't handle potions."

Her father said that she got it from her mother's side of the family. To which April replied by giving her father a big fat DUH! Of course she got her bad marks in potions from her mother's side! Her father specialized in potion related illnesses!

"If you help me stand I could probably walk down to the Hospital Wing now."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Gareth nodded and helped her to her feet, holding onto her elbow as he did. He didn't think it was a good idea for her to go up to the hospital wing on her own though.

"I'll go with you, I told the Headmaster that I would and I should see it through. It wouldn't be right for me to make that promise, and then break it." He waited for her to be as steady as she could get, then let go of her elbow.

He noticed that she still looked rather green after being sick on the floor. He thought maybe it was because she could see and smell it, so he cleaned it up with a wave of his wand. He didn't want her to be anymore uncomfortable than she already was.

He stepped closer to her, in case she needed something to lean on to keep herself from falling over again. The last thing that he wanted was to explain to the nurse how she got a bruise or a broken bone when he'd just been standing there as she'd fallen.

"Do you need my help getting up there?"
Back to top Go down
April Showers
April Showers

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

April leaned on Gar and tried to get her thoughts together and decide whether or not she would be able to walk her sick behind to the hospital wing. Taking a steady step forward she quickly recoiled and grabbed onto Gareth's arm for support. She wasn't trying to flirt with him or anything...she just wasn't stable enough to walk by herself down to the hospital wing.

"I think I need help, Gar," she said weakly. "I still feel sick."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Gareth slipped into concerned mode. He noticed that she was indeed in need of help. He immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders and helped started helping her walk to the Hospital Wing. He didn't make it very far before he stumbled over his shoe lace. The damned thing had come undone. He sat April on the bench next to them, and sat beside her to tie it again.

"Maybe it would be faster if I carried you up there, April?" He retied his other shoe again just to be on the safe side and stood again. He wanted to get her where she needed to be. And that was certainly not down in the damp, dank dungeons.

He stood up and looked down at her.

"I think from the way you look, I should carry you. It would be faster and you could get the help you need?"

He crouched down in front of her and leaned forward to get a better look at her eyes.
Back to top Go down
April Showers
April Showers

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:18 pm

April didn't like the idea of Gareth being forced to carry her. Especially since she knew him to have a girlfriend, but seeing as there was little to no other option she nodded. Wrapping her arms around his neck she waited for him to pull her up slightly. She knew that if Elliot saw this he would no doubt flip out on her. She was his girl, forever and always...and she knew that doing something like this would make him crazy and he would no doubt want to maim Gareth.

"I hope your girlfriend doesn't get the wrong idea." she said weakly. "I don't like you like that....just as a good friend."

She knew that Gareth knew this, because he felt the same way. The older Slytherin looked out for his friends, that was all. And she was sure that Samara probably understood this.

"Well, I am ready when you are Gareth."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Gareth nodded and picked her up again. She didn't need the stress of walking up the stairs to the hospital wing when he was perfectly capable of carrying her. And carry her he would. He started off up the first set of stairs, leading to the ground floor.

He moved as fast as he dared, wanting to get her there as soon as he could, but not wanting her to be sick as well. He reached the Hospital wing and took her inside, vaguely noticing that there was another person in the ward. Right now, his main concern was April and making sure that she got the help she needed.

He lay her down on a bed and stroked her hair back, looking to see if she needed a bin soon. He decided to not take any chances and got one for her anyway, sitting it next to her, before he rose and turned to look for the healer.

He did a double take when he turned around and saw who it was that was in the bed behind him.

"Samara?!"
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Head Girl: Slyherin
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Samara had gotten sick all over herself early in the morning and her house mates had forced her against her will to go to the hospital wing. Of course Samara knew what was wrong and she knew that the nurse would not be able to do anything for her, but they had threatened to tell Headmaster Snape...and Samara knew that if that were to happen it would be the end of her. He would tell her father and her father would worry, and if her father worried he would get sick himself. It just was not worth that horrible, vicious, cycle.

Closing her eyes she turned on her side towards the bin the school Healer had placed in front of her and moaned. Her stomach just would not calm, but she had nothing left to throw up. Closing her eyes she jumped a bit when she heard someone come into the hospital wing. Her eyes opened slowly and when they met the source of the noise she sat up in shock! There, with April Showers in his arms, was her boyfriend...her FIANCÉ...Gareth Winter!

Feeling her cheeks get unbelievably warm she sat up and stood from the bad as he called her name.

"Save it!" she cried. "Just leave me the fuck alone!"

Staggering to the door she thrust it open and began making her way down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Without a momentary glance at April, Gareth went after his fiancée. He knew that if she was in the hospital ward, it was serious. It had to have been her CVS. He reached her and took hold of her shoulders gently, knowing that she could throw him off her at any second.

"Sam, it's not what you think! I've brought April here because she got sick in Potions! That's all, I swear." He would never do anything to hurt the girl that he loved. He wanted to spend his life with Samara.

"Please, Sam. I promise you that I only brought her up here so that she could get help from being sick in Potions. I would never, ever, ever think of going behind your back with another girl."

He got as close to her as he dared without scaring her away.

"Sam, I want you to know that I want to be with you forever. And I want you to be the one that......"

He trailed off, remembering that they weren't alone.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Samara glared at him through her tears. She just could not believe that he was trying to justify this! She loved him with all of her heart, but there was no way that April could never be so sick from potions that she wouldn't be able to walk! She knew what being sick felt like! She knew that it would take more than vomiting just once to knock someone on their ass!

"Don't lie to me!" she roared. "Don't you dare lie to me!"

Tears began to fall down her face! If Gareth loved her, truly loved her, he was going to have to prove it! She wanted proof that this boy loved her and wasn't just spouting off about it!
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Gareth pulled her to him and lifted her into his arms, then carried her out of the ward. He found a secluded bench and sat with her on his lap. He wanted to tell her everything that was in his heart for her, but there was not enough time in the day. Or the week.

"Sam, I never want to be without you. If I ever was, I would never get out of bed. And speaking of beds," He lowered his voice. "I want my first time to be with you, Sam. I have never wanted anything as much as I want to be with you. And I am willing to wait forever for you, Sam. Even if we were never meant to be together, I would still wait for you."

He closed his eyes and rested his head against her shoulder. He had never thought that he would be able to tell her the deepest desire of his heart. To be able to tell her that he would always wait for her, even if she decided to leave him.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Samara sighed weakly and rested her head on his forehead. As much as she wanted to argue with him about this she just did not have the strength to. She felt shaky and sick...and the nurse had confirmed that she was running a fairly high temperature.

"Okay," she whispered. "I believe you."

Closing her eyes she shivered against him and let out a shaky breath. She just felt so sick.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Gareth became aware that she was burning up on his lap. He lay his hand on her forehead, and it was confirmed. Samara was burning up! He had to get her back to her bed, and now!

Gareth got to his feet and carried her back to the ward. He placed her back on the bed that she'd been in and tucked the blankets up under her arms.

"Sam, you are so feverish! What happened? How long have you been sick this time?"

He sat on the edge of her bed and took her hand. If he had known that she was ill and in the Hospital wing, he would have gladly skipped Potions to be with her, and his career be damned. She was more important to him than any job that he could ever have.

"Sam, what happened?" he asked again.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Samara frowned and squeezed his hands. She knew that he would probably be worried if she told him the truth, but Gareth could always see straight through her when she chose to lie.

"This morning," she said gently. "I woke up and threw up all over myself...the girls in my dorm made me go to the Hospital Wing...or they said they would tell Headmaster Snape."

Shivering a bit she pulled the blankets from the bed farther up on the bed and yawned. Samara hated being sick, and because of her CVS she got it quite often. But now that Gareth knew, and was able to take care of her...she had to admit that it did not bother her nearly as much as it used too.

"Sorry Gar...I didn't get a chance to tell you."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Gareth tucked the blankets around his fiancée gently. He wished that someone had thought to tell him that his love was sick, but it was too late to do anything about that now.

He heard the bell ring and knew that class was over. It was lunch time. And if he hadn't known where she was, he would have been frantic. He worried about Sam. Too much at times, he knew, but he couldn't help it. He'd never been in love before, but knew that it was going to be forever for him. He couldn't imagine ever not wanting her to be with him.

"I'm going to stay here with you for the rest of the day, and I don't want to hear any arguments about it."

He moved to a chair next to her bed and planted his feet to the floor.

"I'm not leaving you."
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Samara sighed, she loved how concerned her beloved could be. But she just didn't think she deserved it half the time. She hated that he loved her so much, and all she could do to reward it was be sick and take up his time. Gareth had a right to a future...why would he want to spend it with her? Feeling tears come to her eyes she blinked them away and swallowed very hard.

"You don't have to stay Gareth," she whispered. "You can go."

She knew that Gareth didn't want any arguments, but she didn't want him wasting all of his day with her in the hospital wing. She did not deserve that kind of attention...Samara deserved to be left in the Hospital Wing to suffer and rot. Of course she would never that to him. She would never tell Gareth that, he would chastise her for such thoughts.

"I know you have more important places to be, rather than here next to me...I don't want to keep you..." Samara felt tears stream down her face and she bit her lip as it quivered dangerously. "Ugh...Gar...I feel so sick...please don't look at me while I am like this."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Gareth took her hand. He didn't think that he would have to telll her how beautiful he thought she was, even at her worst. He looked at her with his heart, not his eyes. He had never thought her anything but wonderful, even when they fought.

"Sam, I don't want to go. I want to stay here with you. You are the reason that I am happy. If you're stuck in here, I want to be with you. Please don't send me away."

He leaned forward and kissed the hand that he was holding. The one that wore the ring he'd given her. It looked so lovely there and it made his heart swell with the knowledge that he was to marry her when they had left Hogwarts and settled into their careers outside of school.

"We have things we could talk about. Like what type of apartment do you want us to get?"

He kissed her hand again and met her brown eyes with his blue.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Samara sighed and closed her eyes briefly. She really didn't want to do much talking at the present moment. She didn't feel good and she knew that she would end up throwing up again before the night was up. Of course she wouldn't if she had a choice, but the fact still remained that she had none and soon it would happen regardless.

"Gar," she whimpered. "I...I don't feel like talking right now..."

She squeezed his hand as her stomach rolled inside of her and tears began to roll down her face once more. She just wanted to sink into the bed and never be seen again. She hated having this, and there was no hope for her! There was no cure, and no matter how many potions she took it would always be there to haunt and plague her.

"Ugh," she moaned. "G-Gar...I...I think I'm going to throw up."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Gar didn't even blink, he just summoned a bin to him with his wand and set it on the bed next to her. By now he was used to her being sick, and it didn't faze him. He didn't like that she had to go through this, but it didn't make him as upset as it had when he'd first found out about her having CVS. He'd been a nervous wreck then. He'd been hanging over her until he knew she had to have wanted to kill him.

Now he just did what he needed to do to see that she wasn't embarrassed. At least anymore than she had to be by throwing up. He knew that she hated this condition of hers. But it was a part of her now, and he felt that she was dealing with it as best she could.

He loved her strength, and how much of it she posessed. She had been through so much in the last year, and she had still allowed him to love her. And love her he did. He loved her so much that his heart swelled at the thought of her.

He reached up and stroked her hair. He hoped that this time it would be quick for her, and not drag on. That was when she felt the worst, and he wanted to cry. He hated that she had to go through so much in her life.

"Just let it up if it needs to, Sam," he whispered, not knowing what else to say.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Sam squeezed Gar's hand to the point that it had probably lost all feeling. He wanted to help her, but she knew that there was really nothing he could do but be there for her. Closing her eyes she leaned over the bin and retched. She didn't have that much to throw up, but she knew that whatever was left would torment her until it came up.

"Ugh..." she moaned, tears rolling down her warm face.

Her hands began to shake and soon she found her body quivering with the rest of her. She needed to lay down, this was just too much stress to have placed on her. Closing her eyes she coughed and cringed when she tasted a thick, metallic, liquid fill her mouth.

Placing a hand over her mouth she held her stomach as it began to trickle down her mouth...leaving a small red trail on down her chin and shirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)   I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I didn't MEAN to blow it up! (Open to Anyone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next