The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Better than it looks [[OPEN]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrei Feodor
Adult: Dragon Trainer: 23 yrs old
Andrei Feodor

Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Empty
PostSubject: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Andrei walked into St. Mungo's his arm cradled to his chest. He knew that Lilith felt guilty but in reality it hadn't been the dragon's fault that he ended being hurt. He knew that she was in foul mood and should have been more careful when approaching her, instead he got cocky and she ended getting startled and turning on him. Even for a moment the weight of her talons had just about crushed his entire arm. He knew it was broken in several places and it was beyond the healing he could do on himself. he could go to Sky but if something went wrong he didn't want the girl to feel guilty. No, St. Mungo's was the best place for him to be at the moment. He had been here about thirty minutes already and knew it would be a bit longer since his condition wasn't urgent. Although, he doubted they would feel that way if it was their arm that was crushed. He sighed and rested against the chair in the hallway. They hadn't even given him a room yet. He wondered if he should go looking for a friend or someone because he needed to get back to his dragon's and finish their feeding. He knew that his trainees had agreed to do it but he didn't really trust them

Finally he saw soemoen in the hallway walking toward him. He didn't think it would take to long it was a simple repair of his bones. Honestly it was getting to the point where he was starting to see spots. Andrei was used to pain. You didn't get to be a dragon trainer without a few scars but normally they were fixed quickly. The longterm pain wasn't something he could handle very well. When they were finally within hearing range he looked toward them his voice a bit rough from the pain. "Hey, I was wondering how much longer this was gonna take." he said motioning slightly toward his broken arm.

andrei
Back to top Go down
Rosa Tareba
Healer-In-Training: Potions and Plant Poisonings: 18 yrs old
Rosa Tareba

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 am

Rosa was confused and severely depressed. She knew that it was blunt to think such things but she just could not help it. She just found out that her beloved was royalty and she was basically garbage. How could he still love her, want her, look at her? She was a whore...was a wretched piece of garbage. In comparison to what Skan could have she was just...just a failure. And yet he had been there from day one, he had carried her through her rehab and stuck around when her brother had deserted her. That was why she was living with him now. Her schooling cost her all of her money, and not to mention the fact that she just did not want to live alone.

She wiped her eyes, which were glassy and red rimmed. She had not been able to sleep for days, and it got to the point where she would just lay awake for hours watching her beloved sleep. She watched him sleep and wondered just what she had done to deserve him. Just wondered how long she would be able to keep him for, and then she would submit to her tears and cry. She would cry and cry until she felt like she might become ill. But before Skan would wake to see she would leave for work and then hide in the trainee lounge. Her mentor thought that she needed a vacation, when in all reality she just needed to talk to Skan and be honest with him. She wanted him to tell her that no matter what he would love her. That even with all of her flaws he would find her lovable and want to keep her.

But she was still scared...she was sure that his little sister hated her. And from what she had been told, Andrei wasn't so favorable of her either. She had nothing to prove to these people. All she wanted to do was impress Skan. She had gotten clean for herself and Skan, she had become a Healer for herself and Skan, she was going towards a bright future for herself and Skan...and if his family did not like her...she supposed she would have to accept that. They were spending Christmas in London though...she didn't want to be around people that hated her anymore than she already had to be.

And it was only because she loved him so much had she agreed to go to this Russian ball of his. And that was another thing entirely that had her ill in the mornings. Shaking her head she had almost completely missed someone calling her, and when she looked to see who it was her stomach tightened and was ready to expel its contents all over the floor. Swallowing hard she walked up to Andrei and took out her wand. She remained silent, hoping to keep the conversation to a bare minimum.

"Clean break," she muttered to herself, and to him if he chose to hear. "Lucky, would it been shattered the procedure would have taken longer."

She took her wand and summoned a pain potion for him, even with the spell it would hurt...very...very much. Popping the cork off the vial she was surprised to find that her hands did not shake when she was working. It was just something Rosa supposed became natural to her. Healing people filled her with a sort of calm, and talking to Skan's family made her nervous as Hell. So that meant she needed to heal Sky to be able to talk to her without wanting to throw up from fear.

"I would suggest drinking this before I fix it," she said weakly. "The spell is quick but it doesn't hurt any less."

Rosa
Back to top Go down
Andrei Feodor
Andrei Feodor

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Andrei frowned slightly as the girl came forward. He recognized her though the two had never been properly introduced. Rosa Tareba, his younger brother's girlfriend, a healer, and an ex drug addict. He nodded, glad that the break had been clean. His leg had been crushed once and it had taken almost a full week to heal and even now sometimes gave him trouble when the weather got too cold. "That's good." he said trying not to wince from her lifting his arm. He had kept it in the same position and moving it was painful. "How long will it take now?" he asked. His tone wasn't unfriendly, it was just how he would speak to any other healer attending him.

It wasn't that he didn't approve of her, well there was that, it was also that he didn't know her. He knew nothing about her really. Alexskandr had kept her a secret for fear that he and Sky would scare her off. Still, Sky had told him that she would be attending the Feodor ball. It was interesting that Skan had chosen that event to introduce her to everyone. She would sink or swim on her own soon enough though. Being in the Feodor family was like being thrown to the wolves. "How is Skan?" he asked, shaking his head at the potion. He would endure the pain. Potions weren't his thing.

Sky had told him that she had freaked out at finding out that Skan had a legacy and that was because she didn't know the full extent of it. He wondered if Skan was going to coach her, or if he would get Sky to do it. The three siblings had years of practice dealing with their family. It wasn't that Rosa was not good enough it was that she would never be good enough. After all he wasn't good enough for his family either. Mentally shaking his head he decided he wasn't being fair. Perhaps, he could actually get to know the girl before passing judgement on the person she used to be.
Back to top Go down
Rosa Tareba
Rosa Tareba

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Rosa had been a bit taken back by his question, or that he was even talking to her. She had always thought that Andrei hated her so much that he would never utter a word to her. However she was not going to screw this up. She wanted him to like her...she really wanted it...and she wanted it because she knew that it would make her beloved very happy.

"Skan is great, a little stressed out for the ball, but other than that he seems to be fine."

She payed closer attention to Skan now than she had done before. She noticed everything about him now and refused to go over any details in his life. She loved him so much that she was willing to be that obsessive over him.

"Okay, so I suppose I should warn you that this is going to be extremely painful."

Rosa sighed and prepared her wand, pointing it at the mans arm she flicked it and with the non-verbal spell listened as the bone cracked and mended back into place. She hated that sound, and what was worse was usually the scream that followed it.
Back to top Go down
Andrei Feodor
Andrei Feodor

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Andrei noticed that she was taken aback. It wasn’t hard to she was horrible at hiding her emotions and Andrei had been trained to look for these types of weaknesses. They were crucial when making a takedown of business or a person. He could peg Rosa easily for a weakling and he knew that if he pressed hard enough she would break and it would be easy to be rid of her. However, his brother claimed to love her and Skan and Sky were all he had. He would do whatever it took to make them happy and if that meant giving this girl a chance he would try.

He nodded as she told him about the ball. “He should be stressed. If our parents decide that they don’t like you he’ll have to choose between his family or you.” he said sighing as he realized it had come out to harshly. [b] “I’m sorry. It’s just the truth. I don’t mean to stress you even more. I’m sure Skylar has told you about it.”

Skan was a good person. He deserved to be happy but knew that his parents didn’t care. They tried to, his mother did at least. Still, Skan knew what was expected from him and marrying an ex drug addict was not it.

He nodded setting his jaw for the pain. He hadn’t screamed when one of his dragons had seared his back last year and he figured this was going to be just as bad. He hissed as his bones cracked back into place and groaned as the hot pain seared through his arm as they repaired themselves but kept from screaming. Feodors didn’t scream, even when they were being crucioed which was ten times stronger than the pain he felt now.

“Thank you,” he whispered when he trusted himself to speak once again.

Back to top Go down
Rosa Tareba
Rosa Tareba

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Rosa felt a bit nervous when Andrei told her that Skan would have to choose. She knew that she would never be able to make her beloved choose between his family and her, but she was pretty confident that Skan would find a way to have both in his life. Her beloved was never one to settle for just one hundred percent. Skan wanted the moon and stars, and he deserved them. Smiling she began forming a splint, although the bone had been repaired Rosa did not think it would be good for Andrei to move it around too much. And knowing his current profession, he no doubt would do such a thing.

"I trust you know to take it easy now, after a break like that," she said setting the splint. "If you move it too much you could cause further damage to the bone and muscle...the splint needs to stay on for about three weeks and when you come back I'll remove it and we'll go from there."

Rosa smiled a bit. She always felt so comfortable when she was in her healing element. It was truly something she could do and feel proud of. Nothing else (besides Skan) could fill her world with such satisfaction. Pocketing her wand she took out a quill and began jotting down several notes on the sheet for Aiden to go over later.

"Would you like me to prescribe a pain killer of some kind?" she asked, peering over her glasses. "A certain potion perhaps to keep the pain at bay?"
Back to top Go down
Andrei Feodor
Andrei Feodor

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Andrei didn’t say anything as the splint began forming. He would keep it on no more than a few days then he’d get sky to take it off. He needed to be able to move his arm freely if he intended to keep the dragon facility running. Although he wasn’t the only trainer he was one of the more skilled and experienced. His dragons seemed to love him as well which meant that they usually behaved. This splint wasn’t going to get between him and his job. It wasn’t the Feodor way, and despite his hatred for his family values he had to admit that it was a good one.

He didn’t know if Skandr felt the same way about their values but what he did know was that Skan was more obedient than him. Which is why he hoped his parents would understand. Whatever may have happened in Rosa’s past that he didn’t agree with was there in the past. He hoped they would just let sleeping dogs lie.

He looked up at his healer and shook his head. “Don’t make that appointment. Odds are I won’t be here,” he told her. It was the first time he had been honest with a healer. “Sky will remove it in about a week. I head fast and I really can’t have this hindering my work. I’ll end up getting injured even worse if I’m being a clumsy oaf,” he added. There was no way she could make him come but the fact was she might tell Skan and he certainly would.

He shook his head at the mention of pain killers. The same concept as the splint applied. He didn’t want anything messing with his concentration when he was on the field. If his reactions were only a millisecond slower it could mean death. “The pain’s not that bad and I’d like to keep a clear head. I’m sure you’ll find out with Skan but painkillers and Feodor’s don’t mix,” he told her. He hadn’t been allowed pain killers after being cursed by his father and he’d be damned if he submitted to them now.

There was nothing wrong with other people showing pain or weakness, but aside from a facial expression or two it wasn’t something that his family had ever allowed. Each of them had been cursed repeatedly until they were able to withstand the pain without screaming out or crying. The acts of course had been less with Skylar but even she had been cursed when she tried to help them which was often.

[429]

Back to top Go down
Rosa Tareba
Rosa Tareba

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Rosa sighed, typically she would press the pain meds, but she had learned from Aiden that some people were completely hardheaded and stubborn. So she wasn't going to press it anymore. She would keep the painkillers handy and if he changed his mind she would send them to Skan to give the Andrei. She didn't want to argue today, not when she had so many thing to take care of as soon as she got home.

"Well," she sighed, gently stroking her hair. "If you change your mind just let me know."

Sitting down she began jotting down statistics on her clipboard. Alternating from her wand and quill. Checking his temperature, body for infection, and all the routine grunt work that came with being a Healer. Rosa was fairly thorough and she really did not like to have frayed ends coming up to bite her in the ass later.

"Okay," she smiled gently. "I believe we are done here, unless you have anything else that needs taken care of?"

She almost hoped she did, Rosa wasn't an idiot...she knew that Andrei really did not like her...but part of her wished that he would stop digging into her past and just let her be her. She would do anything to make this work, couldn't he see that she was trying so hard? Couldn't he see that she took this job to make Skan proud? Couldn't anyone see that? Sure, Rosa like healing, but she also think it would be something Skan would be proud of. Something he would say to his friends, "My girlfriend is a kick ass Healer." Yes...something like that.

Because Merlin knows that she told people that she was dating a sexy, sweet, wonderful, understanding, man. Rosa smiled gently at the thought of Skan. She loved him so much...words would never describe it.
Back to top Go down
Andrei Feodor
Andrei Feodor

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Andrei heard her sigh but was glad when she didn’t push the subject. He wouldn’t have wanted to fight with her, especially not with the pain that radiated from his arm still on his head. Andrei was a lot like a dragon. He was mean when he was hurt, especially to people who didn’t deserve. The last time he had been injured like this he had yelled at Sky. It wasn’t his finest moment and he still felt bad about it. Besides, she lived at the house with them. If anything happened she would be there to help him, or at least someone with magic would be there to help him.

He nodded but knew that he most likely wouldn’t. he had taken pain medication once in his life and the sight of him under it hadn’t been pretty. He wasn’t himself, in fact he was the furthest thing from himself and it had made for an awkward apology the next morning.

He watched as she worked, slightly impressed by her effectiveness. It seemed that his younger brother had been correct in complimenting her skills as a healer. He hoped it would be enough to make his parents overlook her past, but he knew better. It didn’t matter how many patients she saved, how many lives were owed to her. Rosa was always going to be her past and his parents would never allow it.

He shook his head, excluding his injury Andrei was one of the healthiest people alive. He never got sick and the only times he found himself at St. Mungo’s were moments like this.

“I should be fine thank you. Despite everything you are a wonderful healer, my brother was correct about that,” he rose from his seat wincing slightly as the movement caused pain to shoot up his arm. “I’ll be sure to request you if I ever come in here again,” he asked unsure of why he was trying to be friends with her. “That is if you’re okay with that, of course.” Skandr had told him that she was trying. As much as Andrei hated to admit it he needed to give her a chance. If only to prove that he was not his family.

Back to top Go down
Rosa Tareba
Rosa Tareba

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Rosa sighed and could see that he was still in pain. Gently she took his arm into her hand and brought the tip of her wand to it. The least she could do was put a number on it so that it wouldn't give him too much discomfort. He could use his arm, think clearly, and still be able to work. Although Rosa was sure she would kill him if he undid her work. She didn't like seeing people in pain, even the people she did not potentially like. She wanted to like Andrei, for Skan's sake but he made it one Hell of a battle.

"I'm serious Andrei," she warned. "You need to take it easy with an injury like that. Magic or no magic you could damage the bone further. And I'm not above telling Skan and making him make you stay home."

She handed him a slip with her information on it if he ever did need a healer again and if he needed her she would be over their as fast as she could. Skan loved his siblings and cared for them deeply. And because Skan was her family that meant that Andrei and Sky was her family as well. She sighed looking at his arm again, wondering if he would take her advice and at least try and take it easy.

"Skan cares a lot about you," she said looking up at him. "I know you know that... and I care about you too Andrei...and I know to you this arm thing is probably just a scratch...but I really don't want to see you back here tomorrow because you broke the bone again...or because you worked it to the point of infection...I'm a healer for a reason, and I know you think I'm a moron, but I do know what I am talking about when it comes to your health."

She adjusted a lock of hair that seemed to keep falling into her face and smiled gently.

"Are you hungry...would you like to go get some lunch with me? I've been on clock since four this morning...Showers owes me a lunch break."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better than it looks [[OPEN]]   Better than it looks [[OPEN]] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better than it looks [[OPEN]]
Page 1 of 1