The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Severus Snape
Administrator: Hogwarts Staff: Headmaster: Occlumens: Legilimens: 34 yrs old
Severus Snape

Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Empty
PostSubject: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Severus had been surprised when Aurora called and asked him to come and watch Miles. The boy was sixteen, why did he need to come and babysit? Of course he never objected...the boy and him had become close in the years that he had held a friendship with his mother. That...and...and Serenity was Aurora's mother. And he knew that deep down in his little girl's heart that she yearned to know that. But there was just too much at stake...too much that was not worth risking. Miles and Serenity's lives being one of them.

Apparating in front of the Sanctuary, he took out his key and let himself in. Aurora had given him a key long ago to the old house, and Severus used it quite often. There were often times that he had to drop Serenity off there because of the need to keep her safe.

"Miles?" he called, his voice echoing through out the house. "Where are you, boy?"

Severus knew that ever since the boy had turned sixteen a wall had grown between them. Severus wasn't sure why...he just knew that it had. There had been times in the pass where Severus and him had been so close. They would spend nights up all night and just talk. And of course Severus insisted that the conversation remain on his boy. And yes, Severus looked at the boy as if he was his own...of course he had never told Miles that...mostly because he did not think the child would accept him...but it still went through his head often.

"Miles Maddox! Where are you?"
Back to top Go down
https://themirroroferised.rpg-board.net
Miles Maddox Snape
Hogwarts Prefect: Gryffindor
Miles Maddox Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

That Death Eater had come out of nowhere. Miles was outside mowing the lawn muggle style, as was part of his grounding. And the man had come around the corner and performed the curse without warning. Miles hadn't even recognized the man, the attack had been so quick. And he hadn't heard the spell either. All he knew was that he had cuts everywhere and his stomach was spouting blood.

"Mum..." he croaked. But his mind told him she was not here. He weakly reached in his pocket to try calling someone with his cell phone, but he was losing focus. His breathing was shallow and he knew he was about to die. There had to be something he could do in his last moments of existence to show the people he loved how much he loved them. He rolled over with great effort and coughed up more blood. He brought his hand up to the dirt and began writing his last message.

'Evie...I...'

And then there was only darkness. He thought he could hear footsteps, but then his mind fell into the same oblivion as his body and he lost consciousness.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Severus was starting to get worried, he could not find the boy anywhere! Finally he had decided to use his wand and track the boy that way. And when he got a location he almost breathed a sigh of relief...almost...when he came upon the boy bleeding and dying...all calmness and relief flew out the window.

"MILES!" he yelled.

Rushing to the bleeding child's side he cursed. He recognized this spell, it was one of his own! He could seal the wounds, but Miles would need to be transported to St. Mugno's for the full transfusion!

"Stay with me son," he said sternly. "Keep breathing...keep breathing."

Taking out his wand he began muttering the counter curse and sealing Miles's wounds. He could not believe this had happened...that Aurora's house had no wards up to prevent this from happening! That Severus had been right there and he had heard absolutely nothing! Finally he managed to get the bleeding to stop, but Severus knew that was not the end of it. Aurora's son was going to need a blood transfusion...he had lost so much...and Severus knew because they were basically lying in a pool of it.

Gathering Miles's mangled form in his arms he apparated to St. Mungo's with a loud crack!

"Someone!" he roared. "Help this boy! Someone help this boy! He was attacked!"
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Hogwarts Staff: Healer: 24 yrs old
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Alec heard the apparition and came running, since he was on emergency detail today. He recognized the Hogwarts headmaster immediately and for some reason the boy looked familiar. It wasn't until he came up close to the patient that his stomach dropped to the floor as he saw that it was Miles. At first he was in shock at the sight of him. What the bloody hell had happened to him? He could see the paleness of his skin and he knew the kid needed blood almost immediately. It didn't take long for the switch to flip and him to get into action.

"Nurse, I need medical records for Miles Maddox, we need his blood type immediately!"

He beckoned for Professor Snape to follow him to an exam room and he set Miles on an IV drip with pain potions and muscle relaxants so that he would not wake up during the transfusion. The nurse brought the records quickly and Alec looked through to find the blood type.

"Damn, it's AB. The blood type is rare. Professor, are you aware if his mother have this blood type? Or do you know how to get in contact with his father? He is unlisted in the chart."

He could see that Severus had already been working on the cuts, but Alec continued muttering healing spells to fix as much damage as possible.

"Someone send a page to Randall Marks! I need him here."

When Evelyn found out about this, Alec knew she would go into some type of fit. Randall didn't necessarily need to be here for the transfusion, Alec could take care of that. But handling Evie...that would need to be the role of her father.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 am

Severus watched as the Healers began to work on Miles when he heard the Healer ask for an AB Blood type. Severus was AB blood...he knew that because when it came to making blood replenishing potions he had to be aware of his own type. So stepping forward he rolled up the black sleeves of his robes.

"I'm his blood type," he said softly. "Take my blood...Aurora is O I believe...but I am closer...take my blood Healer."

Severus would not be able to live knowing that he could help his boy and he didn't! He knew that Aurora would never forgive him if he let Miles die...so that meant that he would give all of his blood to save the boy in front of him.

"What are you waiting for?!" he hissed. "Hook me up to an IV and take it for my student!"
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am

Alec immediately prepped a new IV and a small syringe as well.

"Please sit down, Professor Snape. You wouldn't be of any help to Miles if you were to pass out. Now I know it is tedious, but I must test your blood type before I begin the transfusion."

He took a sample from Severus as well as a sample from Miles. He could not just rely on the medical chart, or he could be risking Miles' life. He tested the two vials of blood and sure enough, it was the same type. Not only that...but the DNA matched in seven points. That meant paternity. This was a revelation to Alec, and he was sure it would be the same to Miles. But healer/patient confidentiality made it impossible for Alec to talk to anyone about this other than his immediate supervisor. And that was Randall. He would do so later, for now Miles needed his father's blood to stay alive.

Alec quickly set up the IV and connected Miles up so hat he was receiving his new lifeline. Alec took a deep breath to mark the beginning of a hopefully successful transfusion. And then he took the vital signs of both the patients.

"Nurse, watch the transfusion closely, please. Professor, I need to have a consult with my superior. I will be back in just a moment, please do not hesitate to page me, sir."
Back to top Go down
Randall J. Marks
Head of Ward: Spell Damage: 36 yrs old
Randall J. Marks

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am

Randall sighed from his desk as he continued going over various medical files. He felt so swamped at the present moment and he had absolutely not idea where Alec was. But he supposed that if the boy was somewhere around the hospital he had to be working. Randall knew that if he caught his son trying to call Michelle he would kick his ass though.

Massaging his temples he sighed as he heard the door to his office open. Looking up he couldn't help but smile. But that smiles was replaced with a look of mild fear when he saw the look his son wore on his face.

"Al?" he asked gently. "What's happened? Was Evie admitted again?"
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 am

Alec sighed and sat down in a chair in front of his father's desk. He was glad that it was not Evie in the hospital this Ike, but he was not happy about it being Miles. The kid would survive, thanks to Severus Snape, but he would most likely have scars for the rest of his life.

"It's Miles. He was hit with a cutting curse and is currently going through a transfusion. It was pretty bad, Dad. I think you should check on him. And there's something else, too. I don't really know where to go with this information since I am not sure father or son knows about the connection...but Severus is the one who brought him in. And his DNA matches Miles. Snape is his father."

He brought his hand to his hair and ran his fingers through it. This was certainly a dilemma. He knew Miles would want to know, but was it really up to him to tell him?

"Should we tell his mother? Or do we just sit and wait? I'm going to let you make he call since you're the senior healer, but I do think they deserve to know about heir relationship."
Back to top Go down
Randall J. Marks
Head of Ward: Spell Damage: 36 yrs old
Randall J. Marks

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am

Randall nodded...he understood completely. This was something difficult, but seeing as Severus Snape was the father of Miles Maddox (er...Snape) than it was up to Alec to tell Severus. And it was a legal issue that the boy and the father had to know. Randall just felt bad for how the Headmaster would find out....because it was clear to everyone that Aurora had done nothing to inform Severus Snape that he had a son...but that also brought up the fact of Serenity Snape...did that mean she belonged to Aurora as well? The woman had been pregnant around the time that the young Snape would have been conceived.

"You have to tell the Headmaster, Alec." he said sternly. "It isn't a matter of whether you want to or not, the fact remains that Severus Snape is Miles's father...that means you MUST tell Severus. If you don't he could report us to the Ministry and that is just something we cannot afford."

And Randall knew that if Severus Snape chose to sue Alec Fletcher that he would win. Being Headmaster of Hogwarts definitely gave the man an advantage over everyone else.

"You better go and tell Severus now Alec." he said sternly. "Then report back to me later."
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 am

Alec stood up with his hands held in surrender.

"Alright, alright I'll tell him! It wasn't because I didn't want to or I was being lazy or anything. I just didn't know if legally, we were obligated to tell him or not. That's why I came to you. Anyway, I also wanted to tell you tht you should probably be the one to call Evie. She'll be worried sick. And she'll probably think I didn't do enough, even though he'll recover just fine."

He walked to the door and waved goodbye before heading back down to the room where the transfusion was taking place. First, he checked vitals and levels, then he turned to Severus.

"He's looking much better, just a few more minutes should do the trick. How are you feeling, Professor? Light-headed at all? Let me know if you need a drink or bite of food. Sometimes the blood sugar can play tricks on you."

He cleared his throat and pulled his small, wheeled stool in from of he headmaster. This would not be his most favorite topic of conversation, but it needed to be done. And Miles was still unconscious, so tha was a good thing.

"Professor, I found something interesting when I was doing blood work. I'm not sure if you know this or not, so forgive me if I am being redundant. But the DNA between you and Miles is a match for paternity. You are his father, Mr. Snape."
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:40 am

"It's Headmaster- WAIT...WHAT?!"

Severus's eyes widened to the side of dinner plates and he felt like he might vomit! Miles was his son?! There was no way! He had no son by Aurora...of course he had a daughter by Aurora, and Aurora knew that as well...but he had no son! Aurora told him that Miles had been conceived by some fuck up that had left her the moment he knew! She had to know that if he had known Severus would have protected him just like he had protected Serenity!

Granted, he had taken Serenity to keep Aurora and Miles safe...Aurora had been spying as a Death Eater for the longest time and it had been too dangerous for her to have Serenity and keep her. Not with Voldemort on the loose. And if he remembered correctly Serenity had been born around the time Voldemort had been the strongest.

He snatched the folder from Alec and began looking through it...and his heart skipped beats every time he read. Miles was his son...and the more he thought about it...the more he realized that it could be so. The boy acted like him, his sarcasm and attitude reflected him, Merlin...this was just so much to take in!

"I want to speak to Aurora Maddox! Now!" he roared.
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:05 am

Alec stepped back and nodded. Of course this would be his reaction! Why had he not waited to tell the man when he wasn't strapped in as a lifeline to Miles?!

"Yes, sir. Of course sir. Let me just check on our patient here to see his levels. I have not yet had the chance to tell his mother about the injuries, so the shock to her might be devastating. I am sure she will want to be with him, so I must advise you to not raise your voice around Miles. He needs his strength right now."

Alec cringed at the thought of advising Severus Snape on anything. But Miles was his patient and he was the first priority. Alec did not want a shouting match to occur in front of Miles, whether he was conscious or not. The young healer went to the boy and checked everything once again. His heart rate was evening out, his blood level was normal, and his blood pressure was stabilized. Hopefully it would only be a matter of time before he woke himself up.

"I am going to disconnect the IV now, please do not stand up for a few moments, I will have the nurse bring you some refreshment so that you do not pass out on us."

Alec unhooked the IV and bandaged Severus's arm where his blood had been taken. Then he cleaned everything with a quick flick of his wand and went to tell the nurse what he needed. And after that, he went to the floo to contact Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Maddox
Hogwarts Staff: Head of Slytherin House: Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor: 34 yrs old
Aurora Maddox

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 am

Aurora had been at the school preparing her lessons for the week. She had sent Severus to be with Miles because she knew they needed time to be together. And every time she saw them together, her heart constricted more and more inside of her chest. At the time, she knew it had been the right thing to keep Miles' identity away from his father. But she was not so sure now. They were so much alike, it killed her to see them together sometimes. But her son needed his father, whether he knew it or not. And Severus needed Miles as well.

She was surprised to hear the floo in her office crackling, Miles usually didn't call her when she was away. But when she heard that it was a healer from St. Mungo's, her heart skipped a beat. Had he just told her that Miles had been injured?! And Severus had given him a blood transfusion?! She felt the blood drain from her face, and like a bat out of Hell, she was rushing down the hospital corridor to see her baby.

She came upon his room and instant tears came unbidden to her eyes and she ran to him, enveloping him in her arms and crying against his body.

"Oh my baby! My little boy! What has happened to you? Mummy's here, baby...I'm right here..."

She sobbed against him for what seemed an eternity, before she remembered about Severus and the transfusion. She reluctantly released her son and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Then she turned to the man that had saved her child's life...their child. She did not release Miles' hand, though.

"My God, Severus...who did this? What evil bastard did this to my son?! Thank you for bringing him...and for the transfusion, you saved his life. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to you. How do you feel after losing so much blood? Can I get you anything, do anything for you?"
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:55 am

Severus stared at Aurora and felt his blood boil. He had never wanted to harm a woman in all of his life, but at the present moment he had to take extreme care when it came to being around Aurora. His temper was to the point of explosion and the more he looked at her the angrier he became! How could this woman even look at him?! How could she look at him and think that she had done the right thing?! And for the past sixteen years hide this and not feel one twinge of guilt!? There were people that said Severus Snape was heartless, but it was clear that they had not met Aurora Rachelle Maddox!

"What can you do for me?" he repeated, his voice dangerously low. "How about you tell me how you could HIDE the fact that Miles Ethan Maddox...was actually MILES ETHAN SNAPE?!"

Severus felt a wave of dizziness wash over him causing him to stagger a bit and fall back into his seat. He had just saved this boy's life with his blood...and it had been him to give him Miles life from the beginning! He had always felt such a bond with this child and for the life of him had never been able to understand why! Well here was the reason! Miles was his son! And this woman before him had hid it!

"Was this revenge Aurora?!" he hissed. "Because I took Serenity from you?! At least you KNEW about her! But you HID my SON from me! I have never wanted to hit you more in my life than I do right now! How could you do this to me?! You are lucky I don't take Miles and fire your ass!"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Maddox
Hogwarts Staff: Head of Slytherin House: Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor: 34 yrs old
Aurora Maddox

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 am

Severus's words hit Aurora like a slap in the face. He had found out! She had sworn to take the secret to her grave, and now he knew. Before answering him, she looked back down at her baby boy and kissed his forehead once more. Then she turned her glare on Severus. She stood up and grabbed him so firmly around his upper arm that he could not resist. She brought him out into the hall and to the next room where they could speak in private. She pushed him down into a chair so he would not fall down, unconscious. Then she crossed her arms and stared down at him.

"If you would take the time to listen to me, Severus Snape, you would be able to understand! This was never about revenge...NEVER. You and I first slept together when we were seventeen. We had always been friends, and you were beating yourself over the head about the fact that Lily was with James Potter. And I supposed I was lonely, or something. But I got pregnant. And I hid it from you because you started falling in with Death Eaters. I did not want my child growing up with a father like mine. I told you I became pregnant from a practical stranger, and that was not a lie. I never truly knew you then, Severus. And then I almost told you one night after he was born," she said with reminiscent tears in her eyes.

"But you went and joined with the Dark Lord, and I was not letting him get to my son. I saw you again a little over a year later, and that was when we started to date. I became pregnant once again and when Serenity was born...Voldemort knew she was yours. And he was too powerful to hide anything from. So we decided it was safer for her to be with you for constant protection. But I was too afraid to give Miles to you, or to let you know of his relationship to you. I didn't want to lose both of my children! Giving up Serenity was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. But I did it for her safety. And I did the same when I kept the secret of Miles' paternity. After he-who-must-not-be-named was vanquished, we decided together on me becoming one of them and spying for you. But I could not let go of my reasoning that Miles was just...better off not knowing."

She felt warm tears falling down her face as she confessed the whole story to her ex-lover. She hoped that he would forgive her, but she was more afraid of what Miles would do when he found out.

"I understand if you do not wish to forgive me, but I did it for my son. For our son. And whatever you choose to do, you cannot hate me forever. We must decide what to tell him. And if we tell him, I would insist on telling Serenity about me as well. Then maybe we can try to bring some semblance of family to their lives, however late it may be."

[529]
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Severus had tears in his eyes, how could she do this! How could she use that against him! How could she use Lily against him, and his past! It was not a fair thing to say! Yes he had made mistakes as had she, but he was trying to fix them...trying to make up for them! Why couldn't anyone see it?! Why did he have to do so much to prove that he was a good man?!

"He will know Aurora," he said coldly. "He will know because I am going to tell him if you do not. Serenity will know by my hand as well...she is my daughter...I will tell her."

He could not believe that this boy...the boy in front of him was his son. And so many years he had wished for it, so many years had he yearned for this boy to call him dad. And it had been so, but none of them had known. Aurora had known....and no matter what kind of excuse she gave he would always resent her for hiding it from him...but at this moment it was about his child...his son...

"Miles," he said softly. "Please my boy...wake up...do not make me beg...do not make me beg...because I will do it...you know that I will go to great lengths for you. You are my blood Miles...my son...and I will do whatever it takes to make up to you the years that I have missed. Please scamp...please wake up for me."

Gently as he could he rested his hand on his son's head and pressed his lips to the top of his head. He needed Miles to wake up. There was so much time he had missed knowing that Miles was his son. He wanted it back...God, he wanted it back!
Back to top Go down
Miles Maddox Snape
Miles Maddox Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Miles felt his body being jostled and he did not like it. He didn't know why he didn't like it, he just knew there was pain associated with the movement. And he felt like he was in some kind of fog. Where was he? He tried to figure out his surroundings before opening his eyes, but it was next to impossible. It did not smell like home...or school...it was just cold...and smelled like some sort of disinfectant. He opened his eyes and saw Snape sitting next to him and he thought that he was perhaps dreaming? He saw his mother close as well and he turned to her.

"Mum? What's happening?"

He looked around and saw he was in the hospital, but he couldn't remember what had gotten him here. He only remembered having to mow the lawn, and then everything went dark after that. But if he was in the hospital hooked up to a shitload of machines, something had to have happened. He started getting scared.

"Am I alright? I'm not dying, am I? Why is everyone crying? Severus, I don't understand."

He felt tears come to his eyes, thinking that he must have been in some kind of permanent accident with the dark looks on their faces. He could feel himself beginning to hyperventilate. He grasped out for his mother's hand and held her desperately.

"Oh God, is everyone else okay? Evelyn? Serenity? You have to tell me what happened! Please!"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Maddox
Aurora Maddox

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Aurora had tears in her eyes and extending the beg so that it was bigger she crawled in next to him. Aurora was a small, dainty, woman. Her son was easily taller than her as was most of her upper class students. But when it came to being short times like these were made all the sweeter. Taking his hand within her own she kissed his temple and held him close.

"My baby boy," she whimpered into him. "I...I have to tell you something...you are not dying...you were attacked by Death Eaters on the grounds."

Her eyes streamed with more tears. Why hadn't she had stayed home to protect him? This whole thing could have been avoided if she had just remained home! She wanted to keep him safe and loved him so much that her heart bled for him even when he was not hurting. She just loved her son so much, Severus had to understand that! He had to see how much she loved him!

"Baby...Severus...Severus had to donate blood...and..." she sobbed. "And...and...Miles....he's your father. Severus Snape...is your blood father."

Her voice broke into pitiful sobs and she held onto her son for dear life, just praying that he would never make her let him go! She would kill herself if Miles abandoned her! She loved her baby boy so much and the thought of losing him just destroyed her.

"I'm so sorry Miles...I...I didn't want you to be in danger...but Severus...Severus is not to blame." she sobbed. "Miles...I...I just wanted to protect you. I am so sorry baby...mummy is so sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Miles Maddox Snape
Miles Maddox Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Miles ripped his arm away from his mother as if he had been burned. How dare she even try to touch him after giving such a revelation! He was absolutely livid! She had lied to him, his entire life! Now what did she expect, a damn hug? He felt hot, angry tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Don't you touch me. Don't even think about touching me, woman! You do not deserve to call me your son! I thought you loved me! I thought you would do anything for me, or that you trusted me. Now I find out my entire existence is a fucking lie?! Get out! Get out both of you, NOW! I don't ever want to see either one of you again!"

He pointed to the door, but he knew they would not honor his request. So he threw the covers off of his legs and he grabbed ahold of the IV that was stuck in his arm, and he ripped it out of the skin, sending blood everywhere. He turned to his mother once again.

"You are nothing but a lying bitch. And YOU!" He turned to Severus. "You are not my father and I'll be damned if I have to submit to you now. Just stay the hell out of my life!"

Then he left the room and stormed down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Severus looked at Aurora and watched as she just stared in shock. He knew that this had to be hard on her, and he was terrified to leave her alone. The woman lived for that boy and she knew that if he was threatened to be taken from her, she would lose her mind...but to have Miles say such things...he knew that Aurora would try and take her own life. So before he set out after his son he COMMANDED that Alec Fletcher stay with the Professor. And he knew that the trainee would or Severus would come back and murder him. Fixing his cloak he raced down the hall, following a small trail of blood as he did so.

He had been surprised that Miles had made it outside of the hospital, however it was not where he wanted it to be. If Severus was correct they were just in the St. Mungo's Court Yard. Racing towards the boy, he grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him so that they were facing one another.

He looked into Miles's blue eyes and recognized the hatred that lingered there. God he was HIS son...he had given that look to Dumbledore when he had heard that Lily Evans had died.

"I know you are mad Miles...I know you hate me and your mother!" he roared. "But this was NOT her fault! Miles! She kept you from me to protect you! I was a Death Eater, I had to KILL people! And your MOTHER had been a target Miles!"

He held the boys arms tight within his palms, refusing to let go for any reason whatsoever!

"It was out of LOVE you STUPID boy!" he snapped. "Your mother adores you Miles! And...and I do to..but this was just...just to keep you safe! I know you won't understand now...but it is what it is!"
Back to top Go down
Miles Maddox Snape
Miles Maddox Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Miles felt his chin quivering and before he could stop himself, he collapsed in tears in his father's arms. His pride was strong, but even so, he knew he needed the man before him. He had always known this. Part of him had always wished that Severus had been his father, but he had tucked that thought deep down within himself when he realized that could never be so. And now today, he felt that a healed wound had been ripped open. He felt sick to his stomach about the secret his mother had kept from him for his entire life. But he felt much worse about the way he had spoken to her. His words kept repeating themselves in his mind and he wanted to sick up. He couldn't believe he had called her a...a...that awful word that he couldn't even think to himself.

"Severus...I need help," he cried, his tears and blood no doubt staining the headmaster's shirt.

"Please, help me take back what I said. I'm angry...but I love her. Did you see her eyes? I saw her eyes. I nearly killed her, I saw it. Please...help me."

He wrapped his arms around his father's neck and just sobbed into him. He was not ready to let go of his anger or denial, but he did want to make sure his mother knew that he still loved her. And he knew that deep down in the bottom of his heart. He didn't care what she had done, he still wanted to be called her son, even if he had said otherwise. He still didn't think he was ready to call Severus his father, but he needed him to be so regardless.

He looked up at the man and literally felt his face paling as they stood there. His arm was bleeding from the IV break and he could tell he was getting close to losing consciousness again.

"I don't think I should have taken that damn thing out of my arm..."

And then he passed out once again.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Severus's eyes widened and scooping his son up into his arms he began rushing him back to the hospital. His hands held the vein where the blood was pouring out and made it so that it wasn't losing as much as quickly. He would not let Miles leave them, not after he had just poured his heart out to him. No, Severus Snape protected his children...he would protect his son with everything he had!

Rushing them both back into the hospital he began barking orders at the various nurses. He was not going to let his son die! He was not going to let him slip away after only just receiving him!

"SOMEONE GET THEIR DAMN ASSES IN HERE!" he roared. "MY SON NEEDS HELP DAMN YOU!"
Back to top Go down
Alec Fletcher
Alec Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Alec had the IV drip prepped and ready by the time Severus Snape and Miles returned. He had seen what had happened and he tried to stop Miles, but the kid was moving too fast. Alec immediately took Miles into his own arms and laid him in the bed, hooking him up to the IV. They still had some blood from Severus on hand, it would only be a matter of time before they knew whether it would be enough or if they would need to do another transfusion.

Alec had never felt so particularly out of place in his life. He was the one who had told Snape about Miles being his son. He had witnessed the way Miles had spoken to his mother when he learned the truth, and he cringed the entire time. He had said some harsh words like that once or twice to a loved one, and it always turned out badly. But Miles had two loving parents who were both alive and willing to give up anything for hom. He hoped the damn kid knew how good he had it. Once he was all set and his vitals were checked, Alec turned to Severus and Aurora.

"His levels actually look good. Pulling the IV out was stupid, but it did not do extensive damage. I have him heavily sedated, however. He doesn't need any more shocks. Please let me know if he awakens, but I would expect a good several hours of rest for him. And I will be in my office if you need anything."

And then he left, deciding to go see if Randall had informed Evelyn yet. She would want to see the boy as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:23 am

Severus looked at Miles and sighed. Two heart attacks in one day, what the Hell was his boy playing at? God, if the boy pulled one more stunt he would throttle the living Hell out of him. Pulling his chair closer to the bed he rested his hand on the boy's head and stroked his hair away from his eyes lightly. As he spent more time looking at the boy he began to see the resemblance. Maybe not so much in appearance...but attitude was definitely there. But mostly he saw Aurora. This lad was so much like his mother it was uncanny.

"My boy," he whispered. "I promise this will all sort out...everything will sort out."

And Severus was determined for it to do so. He had to tell Serenity, and believe it or not he felt that it would be harder with her than it was with Miles. Serenity was a spitfire, but she also liked to hide her pain. She was more like him than anything. She would hide her pain and let it bottle up inside of her until finally she exploded. Either over himself or over someone else.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Maddox
Aurora Maddox

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Aurora felt absolutely exhausted and she was still remembering the words her son had used against her. Nothing could cause more pain to a parent, than hateful words from their own child. And part of her did feel that he was right. Should she have trusted him more with the information. Surely Miles had been old enough not to put himself in danger with the information of his parentage. But she had let it go too far and now she was sure that he would hate her forever. She didn't know what had happened between her son and Severus when they were outside, she only knew that Miles had come back in needing medical attention. And when she had seen Severus carrying him back in the room, she felt that another piece of her had died.

She leaned over and kissed Miles' head and rested her forehead against his.

"I will always love you, baby," she whispered. "Don't you ever forget that."

She sat up and felt tears immediately falling from her eyes. She covered her face in her hands and began to weep bitterly into her palms. She knew the pain of giving up her daughter, and now it was possibly going to happen again with Miles. She turned to Severus, trying to gain some semblance of control.

"Please, tell me he doesn't hate me. I couldn't survive it if my little boy hated me for the rest of his life. And...and when you tell Serenity, please let her know I did not let her go because I didn't love her. I have always loved her. I've always watched her....please make sure she knows that she is my world as well."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)   Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood is Thicker than Water (Miles)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next