The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Practical Joke Novice (Draco)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

He listened as she spoke, wondering what electricity and telephones were. He was pretty sure he could guess what postmen were by their name, and what Hermione said they did. they were men who brought people mail. That had to be really slow.

"Electricity?" He hoped that Hermione didn't mind his questioning. He hadn't heard of these words before so he had no idea what they meant. Hermione also mentioned her parents being dentists, muggle healers for teeth. It was an interesting idea that they had.

"If they have muggle healers for teeth, do they have muggle healers for everything else?" He noticed her hand, which was getting closer to his hand. He decided not to move it, and just see what happened. He wanted to see if she moved her hand closer to his, if it stayed there, or if she noticed and pulled back.

(146 Words)

Last edited by Draco Malfoy on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hermione Granger
Gryffindor
Hermione Granger

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Hmmm. How to explain electricity to a Pureblood? Draco had never had to use it, probably never would, and Hermione now racked her brain to figure out how to explain this to him. She wrinkled her forehead, much in the way she did when she was studying, and tried to think of a way to tell him about electricity.

"It's a form of magic that Muggles do know about. They use it to power their homes. It runs their lights, helps them clean, cook, and entertain themselves. I really don't know how to explain it, you would have to have been raised as a Muggle, or take Muggle Studies."

She smiled at his question about Muggle dentists and doctors. This would be much easier to explain. Probably just as confusing as the electricity to him, but for her, it would be easier to inform him of what it was that they did.

"Oh yes. There are Muggle healers for a lot of things in the non-magical world. They're called doctors."

Hermione explained about the different types of doctors, and about how they did their jobs the best they could, but how they were also sometimes far behind what St. Mungo's Healers could do with their wands and various potions.

Her hand, still resting on the table had been moving while she talked, sometimes it would brush Draco's, sometimes it would move almost half a foot away. But it was when Hermione realized that her hand was close to his that it moved to rest directly on top of it.

"I hope you don't mind," she said, turning faintly pink, a lock of her hair falling in her eyes.

Words~ 287
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:14 pm

He listened intently as Hermione explained everything to him. All the different doctors in the muggle world, it seemed kind of strange to him. Why did they need different doctors for everything? Why couldn't they have just have multiple doctors that did everything?

Muggles didn't seem to have it as easily at they did, but he knew that already. Although, Hermione had called electricity a kind of magic, so that was a start. Muggles had their own kind of magic.

Hermione's hand seemed to be moving quite a bit, before eventually resting right on his. He gave her a small smile, and used his free hand to move the lock of hair that had fallen in her face.

"I don't mind." He was still thinking about muggles though. Did they have anything else that wizards didn't? "What else do muggles have? They must have a lot to be able to survive without magic."

(153 words <--- no, that's pathetic, and i've written shorter! lol)
Back to top Go down
Hermione Granger
Gryffindor
Hermione Granger

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Hermione instantly grinned. She felt like the Muggle Studies professor. She told Draco about cars, televisions, movie theaters, and all other sorts of things that Muggles had that they had really no use for in the wizarding world.
Although, the idea of going to a movie with him was very appealing. But that didn't really classify as just friends for right now.

Hermione's smile faded and she dropped her eyes to their hands, reaching up with her free hand to where he'd brushed her hair back. This wasn't going to be easy, but if he was going to be her friend first, it did help. Since she'd explained about Muggle life, she thought they could turn the conversation to other things.

"What else do you want to talk about? School? No that's boring." She chuckled softly.

She turned their hands over so that hers was now under his. She examined his palm, noticing that there weren't any calluses or rough spots anywhere. It was the hand of someone that had never had to do any hard work in their life. She didn't imagine that he ever would have to, since he was one of the wealthy Purebloods. She found herself wishing that she knew more about him, and that brought a whole new list of topics to mind, along with the thought of going to the movies with him.

"Draco? I have an idea, but you might not like it. I was wondering if you would want to spend a day with me in the Muggle world? No magic. We'd just spend the day learning about each other, talking, hanging out. Maybe go to a movie? So you can see what they are like?"

Words~ 293
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 pm

He listened as she spoke, he had to admit that he was fascinated. Muggles were really good at getting along without magic. How they had managed all these things he had no idea, but he was pretty impressed.

Hermione was thinking of something to discuss, and he listened to her first suggestion. He laughed a little when she did. She had a point, school was pretty boring. Unless someone managed to egt a Professor to sprout wings or something similar.

Then she suggested a day in the muggle world. No magic, all muggle. He thought about that. Everything he had ever done had been magic related in some way or another. A day in the muggle world, and seeing everything she had told him, actually sounded like fun. He was curious to see how muggles lived, and now he could see it in action.

"I actually like the idea." He thought about it. He'd probably have to dress a lot more casually than he usually did. He'd have to see what he had, which probably wasn't much. All he really had was wizard robes and not so casual clothes.

"Though I don't think I have the right clothes for that." He laughed a little. "Maybe we should do some shopping while we're there. Just in case we want to... do it again afterwords?" He was actually a little hopeful. He had a feeling he'd have a good time. He didn't know why, he just did.

(245 Words)
Back to top Go down
Hermione Granger
Gryffindor
Hermione Granger

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 am

If they decided to do it again? That sounded good to Hermione. She looked over Draco's outfit. As a Pureblood, of course he would be more prone to wearing Wizarding robes, but she could easily picture him in jeans and a t-shirt. And that made for a rather nice picture.

Her thoughts turned to all the Muggle things she could do with him. Shopping was something that he would do in either world, but this time he would be shopping for Muggle clothing, so that topped her list. Then there was going to see a movie, that thought proved to be a little bit more romantic than she thought he was ready for. Maybe he'd pick an appropriate film for them to watch.

Food also brought up some suggestions. She thought of the foods they ate at the school, and wondered what to feed him while they were out. He was used to foods made by house elves, not making what he ate himself, so that brought up another idea. One that made Hermione smile.

"All right. I have a plan. You decide when we do this, and I will make the arangements. We'll go shopping, out to a movie, and when we eat, we'll go on a picnic."

Her chocolate eyes glittered as she threw caution to the wind, and not caring who saw them now, leaned over and kissed Draco.

Words~ 234
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practical Joke Novice (Draco)   Practical Joke Novice (Draco) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practical Joke Novice (Draco)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2