The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vincent Bauer
Ministry Staff: Auror: Department of Magical Law Enforcement: 26 yrs old
Vincent Bauer

Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Vincent looked up in relief when Merideth Spencer showed up. She was the Senior Healer for Maternity and from what he'd heard from other Healers in St. Mungo's, she deserved her post.

He lifted Candy into his arms and carried her to the exam room where Healer Spencer had gone to. His wife was so sick right now, there had to be something wrong. This couldn't just be morning sickness, because if it was, it was the most horrible thing that he could imagine happening to his beloved wife. Candy wanted to be a mother so badly, just as much as he wanted to be a father, he didn't know how she would bear it if they were told that they were going to be losing their baby.

He entered the room and lay Candy on the examination table, just now noticing that they were both covered in vomit. Vomit that had a slight tinge of blood to it. His blue eyes closed in desperate silent pleading for their baby to be all right. That Candy wasn't going to be crying in grief that night.

"Candy, I'm here, I'm not going to leave you, I promise. I'm going to stay with you no matter what." He bent down to kiss her forehead and stroked her cheek comfortingly. "Merideth is going to help you, baby."
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
St. Mungo's Psychologist: Psychiatric Ward: 25 yrs old
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Candice felt so tired, she just wanted to close her eyes and sleep the day away. She could not understand how something so horrible could happen so suddenly and she feared the worse where her baby was concerned. What if they had lost her? She had not been able to get pregnant for so long and now that she finally was she could not bear the thought of losing her beloved miracle! Tears welled in her eyes and she sniffled, sending them down in little torrents across her face. What would she do if they lost the baby? She just did not know! Holding his hand in her own she squeezed it and sniffled.

"I'm scared Vincent..." she whimpered. "I...what if we...what if she's gone?"

More tears began to spill down her face at the thought of them losing their beloved baby girl. She would die...go into the deepest, darkest, hole int he world and just wither and wilt away like the ugly weed she was! Candice could not survive knowing that her baby had died...knowing that her body had been too hazardous for their little one.

"I...I'm...I'm so scared..." she sobbed. "I...I can't lose my baby...I can't!"

Back to top Go down
Merideth Spencer
Senior Healer: Maternity Ward: 40 yrs old
Merideth Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Merideth sympathized with Canidce's fear that she might be losing her baby. She pulled out her wand and lowered the lights of the room slightly to calm the mother-to-be, then performed an ultrasound on her patient. After a few minutes, she smiled. The baby was fine. There was nothing threatening their child at all.

"Don't worry, Candy. Your little one is fine. There is no danger at all to the baby. However, we do need to find out why it is that you are getting sick."

She magically cleaned the mess from the front of both of the Bauers' clothing and put it into a test tube to be examined. Carrying it to the other side of the room, she sat at a table bearing a microscope and prepared a slide, slipping it under the lens and adjusting the strength to the proper setting.

"Well! Here is part of the problem. Have you been eating a lot of strange foods? To satisfy cravings? I'm seeing parts of sushi, peanut butter and what appears to be ice cream?" She moved back from the microscope and rolled the chair back to the exam table with a small smile. She understood cravings, she had had three children, and it seemed that hers had gotten more bizarre with each one.

"Candy, I am going to make a suggestion. I know that you have cravings, and that's fine. You can even indulge them, but be careful. Some of the things you've been eating aggravate morning sickness, and make it worse than it really should be. The blood is from the fact that you've been throwing up so much, but I'm going to give you something for the nausea that should help calm your stomach."
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Candy was so happy that her baby was okay, but she still felt deathly ill. Closing her eyes she pulled Vincent close and shivered. She was sure that she could change her eating habits, it wouldn't be that hard. But tonight was going to be Hell, even with the medication she was sure that Vincent would have to take care of her. He always did, but tonight she wanted him to baby her to the point that she wouldn't have to life a finger. There were times when she rejected such help, and times when she absolutely longed for it. Today was one of those days.

"So," she said weakly. "That means we can go home?"

She was going to lay it on so thick as soon as they walked through the doorway. Vincent was so protective, so attentive, if she told him that she still felt ill he would do whatever he could to care for her and love her. That was something she adored about her husband. His dedication could never be matched by anyone in this world. Candy was a firm believer in that.

"Vincent," she whispered, pitifully. "I want to go home...please?"

Candy worked in the hospital everyday of the year. He could not blame her for wanting to get away. She hated being here as a patient, but loved working there was a doctor.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Vincent looked at the screen showing their child and had to fight not to start crying. The little stranger growing inside his wife was still so tiny, and he immediately felt protective of her. He was so sure that they were going to have a girl, that he would be willing to bet his magic on it. That meant that Candy needed to be protected. And tonight, she was not going to move from their bed. He would see to that as soon as they got home.

He thanked Merideth and gathered Candy into his arms; he wasn't even going to let her walk out of the hospital. She needed rest, if even just for tonight, and he was going to make sure that she got it. Oh, he knew that she was going to be laying on the helpless and sick routine, and normally, he didn't buy it. He knew that even though she was asthmatic, she was very capable of running her life. But tonight, he was going to be her willing servant. She was going to know that all she needed was to ask. For anything. He would get it if it was in his power.

Vincent carried Candy to the nearest Floo, and headed home, carrying her to their bedroom and tucking her into bed. If she wanted to change into her pajamas, she could, that he would allow her to do. But she wasn't to move otherwise unless she had to use the loo, or was moving to another part of the house, where she was to either sit or lay down.

He gathered a few items, rubbish bin, tissues, magazines that he knew she hadn't read yet, and set each either on the bed, or next to it. He sat next to her and kissed her forehead.

"There you are, my love. Is there anything else that I can get for you?"
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Candy smiled at Vincent and took his hand, the fact that he was just there was enough for her. She absolutely loved how attentive he was...even when he knew she had to bullshitting him. Pulling him gently to lay with her she closed her eyes and rested her head on his chest. She wasn't craving anything, nothing but his attention that is. Gently as she could she brought his warm hand under her shirt and to her tummy so he could rub it gently.

"We still aren't done with out shopping," she smiled gently. "There are still other things we need to buy...diapers, paint, all sorts of things."

Yawning a bit she felt herself begin to go to sleep. Tomorrow would be a better day, she hoped she didn't have to go to work. After the Hell she experienced while at St. Mungo's she was definitely happy to be away from there for a couple of days. She just did not like how they treated her, or any of their patients. She was an employee there but that did not make them see her any faster...and she had even thrown up right in front of the welcome witch and she did nothing.

"Th-e-e-en..." she yawned. "We need to talk to your parents...they won't leave me the fuck alone...keep...keep asking about the baby and that kind of stuff..."
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

As soon as Candy was asleep, Vincent stormed out of the room. His parents wouldn't leave her alone about the baby? The staff at St. Mungo's wouldn't take care of one of their own, unless it was someone that had obviously been going home for the evening? He made a mental note to send Merideth and her family a thank you. She was the one that went beyond what she was supposed to do. She took care of his wife on her own time, not on the hospital's, and for that, he would be forever grateful. St. Mungo's was going to get an earful from him as soon as Candy was feeling better.

But first, he needed to deal with his own parents. He went to his office and closed the door, casting a silencing charm to keep Candy from waking if he started screaming at his mother and father. They were not going to be coming anywhere near his baby, or his wife. He'd make DAMN sure of that. If he had to, he'd get a restraining order on them. Whatever he had to do to keep his family safe, then that was what he would do.

He dialed his parents' home number and when they answered, Vincent went into a tirade that surely could have been heard from across the road, but hopefully his charm held and Candy wouldn't hear a thing. He told them to fuck off and leave his wife alone, or he was going to bring harassment charges against them faster than they could blink. It became quite a screaming match, and finally Vincent slammed the phone down and stomped back up to the one place that would calm his anger. He wanted to be with his wife, and when he entered the room again, he slipped off his shoes and lay on the bed, cuddling against her.

"I will not let them hurt you or the baby, Candy. Never."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Several Hours Later

It was cooler out now that it was about three o-clock in the morning. But that was okay, the cool air wouldn't make much of a difference...a house burned regardless of the condition outside unless it were to be raining. Smiling gently he looked to his fellow family members and nodded...and as if on cue they set out with their wands and began setting the house a flame. Smiling he watched, Dexter was never one to get his hands dirty...at least not in this sense. And he liked watching things burn, admiring the orange flames as they licked the small house.

"Remember to seal the doors...wouldn't want them getting out now...oh, and lock the windows as well...the poor woman is an asthmatic gents...we want to keep the warm air in."

He winked and watched as his family members did as they were told. It was good to be in power. Dexter loved the feeling it gave him...that feeling of being in charge, that feeling that the world bowed down to him, that feeling that they all feared him. It was one of those moments that needed to be treasured.

He watched the orange flames lick the walls, shatter several windows...and the cool air from outside just fed to its size...it was beautiful, wonderful, nature... and he knew that because there was no way for the couple to get out...Dexter had placed seals on the area to keep them from apparating...they were as good as dead.

"That's another auror down my darlings," he sighed. "On to the next house then?"

And without another word they disappeared.

Dexter
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Vincent was startled awake by a shattering window and jumped from the bed to go see what had happened. He opened the door and immediately started coughing. It was filled with smoke! What had happened?!

Rushing back to the bed, he woke Candy as gently as he could, telling her that there was a fire in the house somewhere and to remain calm, but to get up and come with him, and to stay low to the ground. He grabbed her inhaler, checking to make sure that it was full and led the way to the stairs. He looked behind him to see if she was still breathing easily, but knew that all this smoke couldn't be easy on her asthma.

He put the inhaler into her mouth whenever he took the chance to stop, pressing on it firmly to keep her breathing. It was the only thing that he could do. They passed the bathroom and he had an idea. He firmly but gently forced his beloved to lay on the floor and rushed into the loo, wetting a cloth for her to hold over her nose and mouth. His Auror training had taught him that the wet cloth would keep the smoke from getting into her lungs, but he knew that panic from fear for her own safety, that of her husband, and at the highest amount of fear, for their unborn baby, she would be going into an asthma attack if he wasn't there to keep her calm.

He hurried back to Candy and put the soaked cloth to her face, ordering her to keep it there over the noise of the fire that he'd been able to hear for the last few moments. He tugged her along with him, one arm wrapped around her waist, one holding her inhaler, down the staircase.

It was worse when they reached the bottom. The kitchen was engulfed in flames, same for the living room. Vincent knew they had only a few minutes before they would be trapped in the house and burned to death. He wasn't going to let that happen to his Candy! He got them to the front door and found that no matter how hard he pulled on the knob, it wouldn't open. He attempted to Apparate from the house, but again, it was not happening. This fire was deliberate! An attempt to kill him and his wife! Well, whoever had tried to trap them, they had forgotten that sometimes the most simple spells were the most effective. He turned to the door after pushing Candy down to the floor and the clean air again.

"REDUCTO!" He bellowed at the front door. His lungs instantly filled with smoke and he doubled over, coughing heavily, but paid it no attention. The front wall of the house had been blasted off and he was free to get Candy to safety. He lifted her into his arms, put the inhaler into her mouth again and ran for the fresh air.

He reached the curb in front of their house and hit the ground on his knees, not even noticing as he checked to make sure that Candy was still breathing. He lay her down on the ground and turned back to their now almost completely destroyed house. The smoke that had gotten into his lungs captured his breathing again and he coughed heavily, then fell to the ground, unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Candice's body had jumped three feet into the air when Vincent woke her and the whole room reeked of smoke. And immediately she began coughing, gasping for air that would not burn her lungs. Only she could not find it. Even with Vincent pumping her inhaler into her it didn't make a difference, she still could not breath. The cool cloth eased the burning in her eyes and cooled her face, but she needed fresh air otherwise she was going to lose her baby...and her own life. Her eyes began to get fuzzy as they continued through the house and tears began to roll down her face. Both from the hot air and the fact that their beautiful house was crumbling right before their eyes.

Feeling Vincent pull her back down to the ground she cocked loudly and gasped as the front wall of their home blew into pieces. Closing her eyes she felt Vincent pull her up into his arms and race her out into the cool, evening, air. Gasping against it she coughed and hacked next to her husband, unable to breath, unable to see....Glancing at her beloved she watched as he passed out next to her and she was quick to follow...her breathes coming out in short gasps and the only sound being that of their house crumble and Candice wheezing loudly.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Davies
Ministry Staff: Auror: Department of Magical Law Enforcement: 31 yrs old
Lucas Davies

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Luke had a six pack in hand and a deck of cards. He wasn't leaving tonight until he had a buzz and a lot of money from his best friend in his pockets. And he was already prepared if Candy whined about their guy's night. He had purchased some lovely Italian chocolates for her, and even a romance movie. He prayed they wouldn't have her nagging them all night, that was exactly why Lucas Davies was single, and proud of it.

But the closer he got to their house, the more his stomach plummeted. Why was there smoke coming from their neighborhood? The sinking feeling within his abdomen was getting worse and worse and he decided he needed to run. The only reason he had apparated so far away was to not bring attention to himself, but now he wished he had just come right up by the house. He ran until he was nearly there, then he stopped suddenly when he saw the flames. That was when he stopped caring about whether muggles were watching, their minds could be modified if need be. He apparated directly in front of their house and called out their names before noticing that they were both unconscious on the curb.

"VINCE!" He called, trying to wake his friend. He knelt over him and checked to see that he was breathing, then did the same for Candy. Once he was sure they were alive, he turned back to the house. Something had to be done about the fire. The flames were enchanted so he knew water wouldn't do the trick alone. He would have to send his patronus to the Ministry and try to get a team of aurors out here. He did that first, then began casting charms over it. Little by little, the flames became smaller, but he couldn't do it all on his own. And then he needed to get Vince and Candy to the hospital. As soon as there were a few junior aurors and trainees there, he told them to continue what they were doing and to wait for Auror Marrow. He would sort it all out. Right now Lucas was more concerned about his friends. He pulled Candy into his arms first and apparated to St. Mungo's. Once she was in the care of the nurses, he went back for Vincent. And he did the same thing with him...apparated him there and waited until he could be seen by a healer.

"I don't know if they were burned or if it's just smoke inhalation," he told the healer. "But this was no damn accident."

Winded and tired, he collapsed in a seat in the exam room where he could watch his two friends as they were examined and treated. He would help them get back on their feet, and then he and Vincent would go find out whoever did this and lock them away in Azkaban for good.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 am

The first thing that went through Vincent's mind when he regained consciousness was that he needed to find Candy. But he was unable to open his eyes, the lids were so heavy. His back arched as he felt another bout of coughing, this time deeper and lasting quite a bit longer. He wondered if that was a good thing, possibly getting that horrible smoke out of his lungs.

As soon as he could, he rolled onto his side and tried to get up, but there was something holding him down. Feeling along his body, he encountered tubes. What the....? They continued behind him and he felt a slight sting in the back of his hand. Reaching up with the other, he felt a hard something that had been taped to him, and tried with great difficulty to open his eyes again and see what was going on, and where the Hell he was.

He managed to get one of his eyes cracked open and found that he was in a hospital bed. The tubes were connecting him to monitors measuring his breathing, heart rate, and he assumed his brainwaves. The bit of tape on the back of his hand was covering an I.V. that he certainly didn't remember having put in. How long was he unconscious? And where was Candy? He didn't care that he was now a patient in the hospital, but if his wife was there as well, he needed to find her. Her asthma hadn't been helped any by all that smoke, and he needed to know that she and the baby were all right.

Next to him was a button to call the nurse, and Vincent laid on it, pressing every two seconds until he was answered a minute later by a very harassed looking nurse.

"Where is my wife?" he croaked. "Candice Bauer. I'm her husband, where is she?"

He was taken out of the room in a wheel chair and he saw in the nearby waiting room that Lucas Davies was sitting there. Well, now Vincent knew how they had gotten to St. Mungo's. He turned his attention to where he was being taken, and looked at his wife when they reached where she was.

"Oh, Candy," he said softly, taking her hand.
Back to top Go down
Randall J. Marks
Head of Ward: Spell Damage: 36 yrs old
Randall J. Marks

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 am

Randall had been staying late at the hospital night after night to earn some extra money. He was well off, but Randall knew that he needed to get his hours back on track. He had been taking far too much time off of work, and tonight he was actually glad he had stayed. He had gotten the page that two patients had been brought in after a fire had burned their home to the ground. Needless to say Randall was there in a minute, and was shocked to find that it was an employee of the hospital. Candice Bauer, she was the hospital's psychiatric. A very lovely girl, and if he was not mistaken she had just gotten pregnant after so many years of trying.

And that was why this was going to be so hard. They had not lost the baby, but it was not looking good. Candice's body was under an extreme amount of stress. With the smoke inhalation, her being asthmatic, and her body just going through all sorts of trauma...the baby's chances of survival were slim. Everyone that knew Randall knew that he was a man of God. That he believed in such miracles...but he also believed in challenges...and he knew that God was one to bring people to their knees before allowing them to come back up. He did not want to fill the couple with false hope, but he also did not want to tear them down with numbers and statistics on a medical chart.

"Mr. Bauer?" he said gently, letting himself into the room. "I'm Healer Marks...I need to speak with you about your wife's baby."

He sat down next to the man and sighed.

"It does not look good...the baby is in a red zone..." he continued softly. "There is a chance that the fetus may survive...but it is very, very, slim. It would be a miracle if it did."

Due to the undeveloped nature of the baby, Randall could not give a gender... not without magic anyway.

"I...if you would like...I could magically find the gender of the baby? That way you and Mrs. Bauer know...just in case?"
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Vincent had to blink away the tears that were threatening to fall. His beloved wife looked so fragile on the stark white bed. He heard the Healer's words and it nearly crushed him. It wasn't fair to Candy. To have wanted a baby so badly just to have the threat of losing the baby when she finally became pregnant.

He was going to make whoever had done this to Candy pay. He didn't care about himself, but his wife was everything under the sun to him. He only wanted her to be healthy and happy. And learning that they were finally expecting had brightened both their lives, more than he could ever have said.

Vincent squeezed Candice's hand gently, feeling the rings that he'd put on her finger the day he'd proposed and their wedding day pressing into the palm of his hand. It wasn't going to end this soon. Candy wasn't going to lose her baby, he was sure of it. They were going to be parents this time, and their child would be the miracle that the Healer said it would be if the baby survived.

He swiped at his eyes and turned to look up at the other man, sniffling quietly.

"You can if you want, but I know that our baby will survive. Our child will be born, and her name is going to be Grace." He turned back to Candy, and the final piece of their child's name came to him. He'd always hated his middle name, it had seemed to be a bit ridiculous for an Auror to have such a silly name to have. Especially a male Auror. But for his child, it would fit perfectly.

"Grace Valentine Bauer. And she will be our little miracle." He turned to look back up at the Healer.
Back to top Go down
Randall J. Marks
Head of Ward: Spell Damage: 36 yrs old
Randall J. Marks

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Randall sighed, he knew that the man in front of him was holding onto any form of hope he could. And he really prayed that his baby would survive, but he wasn't going to make the man in front of him more hopeful. Randall would not do that to him or himself. Closing his eyes gently he took out his wand and ran a scan over the young woman's stomach. His heart broke...the gender of the baby was a girl... just as Vincent had suspected.

"It's a girl," he whispered. "I...I will pray that she survives for you sir...but, you must accept the fact that there is a chance she might not...and if she does, the baby may have some mild medical complications."

Reaching out gently Randall patted Vincent on the shoulder. He would leave them alone for a bit so they could get their bearings and in about an hour he would return to check the baby once more. Hopefully their little miracle would survive... he prayed she did.

"I will leave you and Candice alone for a bit," Randall said softly. "If you need me page me, I promise I will come as soon as possible...and hopefully your wife will wake up soon."

Frowning gently at them both he slipped out of the room and went down to his office, hoping that somehow the mood of today went from horribly depressing to somewhat brighter...God, he needed to see his son.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Vincent watched the other man leave and turned back to Candy. He pulled her pale hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it, trying not to let the fear that he'd been feeling surface. Candy was going to be all right. She would be fine, and so would little Grace. Grace Valentine Bauer. It had a rather romantic ring to it. He smiled faintly as he brought one hand to rest on his wife's stomach, wishing that he knew how their child was doing in there. He felt a small little surge as his fingers moved across Candy's stomach and paused, waiting to see if it would happen again.

A few moments later, Vincent felt another one, this a little stronger. He didn't know what it was, but it couldn't be his baby moving. It was too soon. Candy hadn't been pregnant long enough for the baby to be moving yet. At least not so that she could feel it. But there was something happening. After a third tiny surge went through his hand, it came to Vincent. Their baby would be a magical child. How it was that the baby was able to do this now, when it was only about the size of...... Vincent didn't know how big the baby was exactly. He only knew that something was happening with the child, and it made him even more sure that they would see their little miracle. They would hold her in their arms, and raise her, sending her to Hogwarts, and see her grow into a beautiful young woman. He was sure of it, and he wouldn't let anyone try to convince him of anything different.

He moved up to the bed and lay down next to Candy, curling her into his warmth, hoping that she would wake soon. He needed to know that she would be all right, the same as their baby. He felt so worried, he needed to know that she would be with him for a long time.

"Candy, if you can hear me, I'm here. I'm not going to leave you. Not for anything."
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:01 am

Candice felt horrible. She felt like someone had shoved a flaming pile of steel wool into her throat. Slowly her eyes began opening and she looked around. She had an oxygen mask over her face and could feel the warmth of someone's body being pressed against her. Snuggling further into the form she looked up and was extremely happy to see that it was her Vincent...but the joy was short lived when she realized that she was also in a hospital bed. And that was when it all started flooding back. Their home...their beautiful home...it had been burnt down to the ground. They had no where to go, no place to stay, and Candice would kill herself before she agreed to living with Vincent's parents. Her parents were no longer living in London, UK, and she was not willing to leave the country...not while she was pregnant.

"T-The baby?" she wheezed, her voice dry and coarse. "Is...is the baby...okay?"

She took the mask from her face and coughed a little as the cool air from the hospital room made contact with her lungs. Looking up at her husband she gently reached up and rested a hand to his cheek. He was so handsome, and she was just so happy to see him and that she had not lost him in the fire. A house was just a house, but Vincent was her everything.

"Our...our home..." she whimpered. "It's gone...oh Vincent...why...why would someone do that to us?"

Tears began to roll down her face in fast succession as the cruelty of man set in. They hadn't done anything wrong to anybody. As far as Candice was concerned they were fairly wonderful people, who deserved a little recognition for how much they had helped the community.

"I...I can't believe it..." she sobbed. "And....and what about our baby? Is...is she okay?"
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Vincent wanted to comfort Candy in every way possible. She had been praying for a baby since the day they'd been married, and he'd started to think that it would never happen for them. He was not ready to give up on the miracle that was now growing inside his wife. Especially since he had felt the surges of magic flowing against his hand. He knew that their child was going to live, whether the Healers thought so, or not. She had given him more hope than he'd had since the fire, and it reminded him that he had been planning on telling Candy about a house that he'd noticed for sale a week earlier. He hoped that it was still available, since he knew that it would be well within their budget. He knew that they would have to replace everything they owned, but that didn't matter to him. He had the money from his childhood account. The only part that saddened him was that their wedding albums had been lost in the fire.

Then he thought of Candy's dress. She had been so beautiful in it when they'd married, and he remembered her saying that she wanted her daughter to wear her wedding gown when she was married. Now it wouldn't happen. But he knew that there were more important things to them. They were both alive, and he knew that Grace was going to be fine, and grow up with them, and hopefully have brothers and/or sisters to play with.

"First, I want to tell you that you were right. We are having a girl. The healers did a charm to determine the gender, just in case. Because they said she's in the red, and that's not good. But I know that she'll be all right. She's sending magic through you, and if she can do that, then I know she'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 am

Candy closed her eyes as more tears threatened to escape and just held onto her husband. She didn't want to think at the present moment. Everything in the world just seemed to go numb to her. She was so tired and didn't feel well at all, and to top it off her baby...her first EVER baby...was at risk of dying! How could God let things like this happen? How could he let such evil people, hurt such a good family. Closing her eyes tighter she sobbed bitterly into Vincent's chest. Nothing would make this right! They had lost so much in that fired! Their wedding photo's, her dress, pictures they had taken on previous trips! Copies of important documents. She just...she couldn't believe all of that stuff was gone! And now it was like they didn't even exist! She wanted that bastard to burn in Hell! No, better yet, Candy wanted to be the one that sent him there.

"I hate him Vince!" she sobbed. "I want whoever did this to burn in Hell!"

Her tears continued and for a moment she had to stop and catch her breath. The smoke still felt like it weighed against her lungs and briefly she put the oxygen mask back over her face so she could catch her breath. Looking up at her beloved she removed the mask and gently placed a hand to his cheek. She had him...that was the one thing the fire had not taken. She had her husband, and at the present moment she had the baby.

"Where are we going to live?" she whispered. "Our home is gone? Maybe....maybe we should call your parents?"
Back to top Go down
Vincent Bauer
Vincent Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 am

Call his parents? Absolutely not. Vincent would rather have died in that fire than have to live with his parents again. No, he would have to tell Candy about the money.

"Baby, you're going to stay here tonight, and I'm going to find us a place. Don't worry about anything. I have the money to pay for it, I had an account from when I was a kid that, believe it or not, my parents opened for me. They put money into it once or twice and totally forgot about it. I got a letter the other day informing me of it, and closed it. That money is in our account in Gringott's, so I know that it's safe. I'll get out what I need in the morning and pay for us to have a home."

He kissed her forehead gently. She was so precious to him, she and the baby she was carrying. He would never willingly subject her to his parents, but they would unknowingly be paying for their son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter to have a new home.

Vincent snuggled Candy to him with comforting words that she wouldn't have to worry about a home. It would be taken care of before she left St. Mungo's. And so would the bastard that had put her in the hospital in the first place.

"Just get some rest now, love. You're going to need it to help our little one. She needs your strength to grow happy and healthy, so try to get some sleep, OK?"

He kissed her forehead softly, wrapping his arms around her.
Back to top Go down
Candice Bauer
Candice Bauer

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Candy snuggled farther into her husband's chest, extremely relieved that they would be finding a house. She had been so scared of being homeless, so scared that Vincent and her wouldn't have a place for their baby. She wanted their little miracle to be as happy and healthy as possible. Everything that Candy and her beloved did not have she wanted to give to their baby. Holding Vincent's hand in her own she felt her eyes get heavier as exhaustion gripped her body. She was so tired that words could not even describe it, but she didn't know if she wanted to sleep. Her eyes yearned to look at Vincent, she didn't want to fall asleep until she was sure that it would be him she saw all throughout the night. Yawning a bit she snuggled closer and began to drift away.

"I love you Vincent..." she whispered. "And so does our baby girl."

(OOC: Sorry it's short, but it's just the closing post haha)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)   Shopping For Our Baby  (Candy) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shopping For Our Baby (Candy)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2