The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

I Need a Hero *Hayden*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe Spencer
Bartender Trainee: Club 87: 19 yrs old
Zoe Spencer

I Need a Hero *Hayden* Empty
PostSubject: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Zoe was finally starting to get into the groove of things. She was memorizing drinks, and working on her customer service. She was normally great with people, but when they were rude, or severely drunk, she sometimes let her temper get away from her. She supposed she learned it from her father. He was a wonderful man. He was her favorite person in the world, in fact. But he did know how to lose his temper. In fact, if he knew she was bartending, he would have had her ass out of there in a second.

It wasn't that he didn't want her to be happy. He was just overly overprotective. And he had high dreams for his baby girl. She knew he wouldn't want her in a club serving alcohol to a bunch of strangers. But that didn't mean she would quit, just to make him happy. She would just keep the secret from him.

But there was another reason she was working here, other than the money, and it had nothing to do with her family. She was absolutely head over heels in love with Hayden, one of the owners of the club. And she felt completely invisible, for the first time in her life. She wasn't the type to stay quiet. But around Hayden, she got all tongue-tied and flustered. In school, she could kick ass! If any guy tried to get her to do too much, she could put him in his place. But around Hayden...she became a twelve year old with a crush again.

She shook herself from all of the thoughts that didn't have to do with serving liquor to strangers. If she wanted time to be around Hayden, she needed to focus on working here. She smiled at her customers and poured their drinks. But one man was being very pushy, and he had definitely had one too many. He kept using derogatory terms for her and trying to grab her. When his hand moved to her chest and grasped her, she took his wrist in her vice-like grip.

"Alright, douche bag, that's enough. You touch me one more time, I will kick your balls so hard they will come out of your ass!"

And that was when she noticed someone behind her. Oh God, if Hayden had seen any of this, she would be mortified beyond all reason. Not only that, but her rant had seemed to make the drunk stranger angry. He stood and looked as if he was going to hit her. She gripped the bar in front of her and stood her ground, hoping that he would not strike her.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valentine
Co-Owner: Club 87: 22 yrs old
Hayden Valentine

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Hayden moved through the crowd. Smiling and grinning to customers as he took their orders or brought them their usual. Hayden wasn’t your typical boss or bar owner. He was a young clean cut kid who had gotten dragged into this by his best friend. Still, he found he had a knack for running a business and hiring people. This new girl though, he hadn’t hired her. Chace had as a favor to a friend or something. There wasn’t anything wrong with her. Hayden wouldn’t have hired her. She was too much temptation, too pretty to be working as a bartender in a place like this.

She was beautiful, in a way that only looked fragile. He cleared his thoughts from her when a customer had to repeat his name several times to get his attention. “Sorry mate.” he said with a grin before going back to the bar and gathering the orders.
    Chace as always was socializing. Working but not really working. The man had a knack for networking, he was the face of 87 and despite what Hayden said Chace was the lifeblood of this place. Still he was a bit peeved that his friend had hired the girl without consulting him. He didn’t know what it was about her that riled him up so, but it was one of the reasons he often ignored her. He tried to make her invisible so that he wouldn’t do something stupid.

He filled all the orders and went back to the bar to relax and watch his patrons. He loved this part of his job. Just sitting and watching people come in and out. Their stories or lack thereof. It was while he was doing this that he noticed Zoe and some guy. He could barely make out what was being said but when she grabbed him he knew it wasn’t good. Hayden seemed like a good guy but when it came to his employees he had a strict rule. They were to be treated with respect and anyone who didn’t would have to deal with him.
    He walked over to the table standing behind her as she spoke. He wanted to smirk but held off instead he took a step forward as the guy stood up. Hayden was anything but small. At 6’5” he stood over most any other man in the pub. “Do we have a problem here?” he said his voice harsh as he spoke to the man.

Hayden

Back to top Go down
Zoe Spencer
Zoe Spencer

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Zoe felt her heart jump into her throat when she heard Hayden's voice. She didn't know whether to be embarrassed about what she had said, or turned on that he had come to her rescue. Well...she was turned on, regardless. But she was also mortified that he had heard her threaten someone. He was supposed to think she was a perfect little doll. If he found out she was an outspoken spitfire, he might lose interest all together. She turned to him slightly, easily becoming intoxicated with the scent of his cologne.

"Oh, no problem. Well, except for the fact that this man seems to think that my breasts are his personal property."

She turned her glare on the man that had grabbed her, and she wanted nothing more than to throw a drink in his big, fat face. But that most likely would have been frowned upon. So she would leave it to Hayden to deal with this loser. She looked up at the object of her affection and got lost in his eyes again. He was absolutely perfect and she wondered what it would feel like to brush her lips against his. She licked her lips without even thinking about it and she suddenly realized how close she was to him.

"I, uh...I'm sorry if I was out of line," she said, soft enough for only him to hear. "It won't happen again."
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valentine
Hayden Valentine

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Hayden watched as Zoe turned around and faced him and he briefly glared at the man before turning his gaze onto her. A mistake, he realized, only after he had done it. It was much to easy to get caught in her eyes. She was his employee, not to mention she was probably never going to be interested in him anyway. It was as his ex had said, he didn't deserve love. He shook the thoughts from his mind turned them back to Zoe. He had always thought she was delicate and fragile but her words to the man proved otherwise. Oddly enough, he felt like he liked her a bit more now, knowing that she could handle herself. Damsels in distress were fun, and he loved playing the hero but he felt attracted to a girl who didn't always need him to fight her battles. However, with this idiot he would be more than happy to break his face in.

Hayden raised his eyebrows in surprise. He had thought that the abuse had extended solely to words. Touching her, well that was another matter. If he had thought about letting the man go with a warning that was out of the question now. He turned back toward the man moving closer to him. He wanted to ban him from the bar but he knew that Chace wouldn't agree. Still, scaring him into never returning worked quite well too. "Listen here buddy." he said, putting a rough emphasis on the last word. "If you ever touch this young lady again, I will break your hands and maybe your pretty little face for good measure do you understand me." his tone was dark and menacing enough to make brute go white. "Now leave this girl a nice big tip and get the fuck out of my bar." he finished.

The drunkard nodded hurriedly leaving behind several gold coins before stumbling out. Hayden smirked and turned back to face Zoe. "Sorry about that. Next time don't hesitate to call me or deal with them yourself if you please. You'll never get in trouble for defending yourself. Although, as long as I'm working shift you won't have to worry about anyone messing with you." he said his voice soft and proper, a bit of his Irish accent coming through.
Back to top Go down
Zoe Spencer
Zoe Spencer

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 am

Zoe shivered and nearly collapsed against him. God, he was so bloody sexy! Hayden Valentine was Zoe's idea of perfection, and if she didn't try to control herself, her mind would turn to dirty things. Like taking him to her apartment and keeping him in her bed for a few days. Yes, that would be fantastic. There were just a few problems with that scenario. One, he didn't even know that she wanted him. Two, he was still her boss. And three...she had absolutely no experience in the bedroom. The only guys she had ever gotten physical with, had tried to make her go too far before she was ready. And she wanted to be in love first. She could see that happening with Hayden, but she didn't want to get too far ahead of herself.

"Thank you," she said softly. Then she smiled at herself and shook her head. Why was she being so ridiculous?

"You know, I don't know why I'm doing this to myself. Normally I wouldn't have hesitated to beat the shit out of a scum bag like that. But for some reason, here I...well, I'm not sure. I suppose I've been trying to be on my best behavior."

She thought about the conversation she had the other night with her mum. She had said that if Zoe wanted something, or someone, then she should go for it. That was who Zoe was naturally, it shouldn't take a guy to pull her away from who she really was. And if he wasn't interested in her for herself, then it probably wasn't meant to be. She looked at the clock across the room. Ten minutes until her shift was over.

"Hayden," she said with a smile, and a little more Zoe Spencer courage. "Would you like to have a drink with me when my shift is over? I want to thank you for being my hero."
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valentine
Hayden Valentine

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Hayden turned toward Zoe and gave her a crooked smile, as the drunk stumbled out. Hayden wasn’t notorious for his temper but people knew not to cross him or those he cared about. Still, he wasn’t sure he should have been that violent in front of Zoe. He was still her boss, he had to retain some sort of decorum, especially since he couldn’t trust himself not to do something else on impulse. Chace had told him to go for it, in fact, the more he thought about it, that was probably the reason that he had hired her to begin with. Not that Zoe wasn’t beautiful but he hadn’t dated anyone since. His mind couldn’t bring itself to say her name.
    “Don’t mention it, just doing my job.” he replied, with a lame smile. He scratched the back of his head a bit awkwardly not sure whether or not he should return to the bar or say something else.
    He let her speak, not sure where she was going with her train of thought. “Well you’d be about the first person I’ve ever met that comes to a bar to be on their best behavior.” he said with a grin.

He looked at her for a moment before turning away. She was so different from his ex, better. She was also his employee and although Chace didn’t obey those rules he did. At least he tried to. He gave a weak sigh and was about to say good bye when she spoke. He was caught a bit off guard to say the least. It was the last thing he had been expecting, although he couldn’t say why. He swallowed nervously before nodding. There was no harm in a friendly drink between friends.
    “Sure sounds good. I need to close up the bar anyway.”

Back to top Go down
Zoe Spencer
Zoe Spencer

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Zoe nodded, but though she tried desperately, she could not keep the blush out of her cheeks. Hayden just did these things to her. She nodded at him and looked directly into his eyes.

"I'll be looking forward to it," she said with a gentle smile.

As she finished giving out the last call for alcohol, she continued to smile about what he had said. She might have been the first person to come to a bar and try to be on their best behavior. That was probably true, but she had more than one reason to do so. One, was because she liked Hayden so much that she wanted to try to be perfect. She realized now that she needed to be herself. But the other reason to be on her best behavior, was the fact that she had never worked for anything a day in her life, outside of school.

She wanted to prove to her father, and to herself, that she could stick with a job and earn her own living. She wasn't living under daddy's roof anymore, and she wanted to show that she was strong enough to survive on her own. But now that her true colors were starting to show through, she felt even better about being here. And now she was going to have drinks with Hayden. This night was swiftly turning into the best night of her life.

Once all of the drink orders were finished and she was able to officially end her shift, she went off to the loo and made sure her clothes and make-up still looked alright. But her hair was too boring. She quickly took it down from the bun it had been in, and let it fall past her shoulders and down her back in soft, dark curls. She reapplied her lip gloss, and then she was out the bathroom door and moving toward the now empty bar, ready to prepare a drink for herself and one for Hayden.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valentine
Hayden Valentine

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Hayden smiled kindly noticing the blush but not thinking anything of it. He was completely oblivious when it came to the opposite sex. He was an idiot and it was hard for him to talk about his feelings or recognize anyone else’s.

“Umm, me too,” he said his tone a bit awkward but with a grin.

He went back to the office and started on the books for tonight not wanting to leave anything undone before he went and had that drink with Zoe. Zoe, just the thought of her brought a smile to his face for some unknown reason. She was a pretty girl but it was more than that. He couldn’t quit put his finger on it. There was something about her that just grabbed his attention and kept it.

Hayden hadn’t anyone keep his attention since his last girlfriend, a name that Chace had forbidden him to mention in the bar or any other part of his life. Still, there was something about her that screamed for his attention but not in the same way. Zoe felt different, she was different but he wasn’t sure if that would be enough to get him over his fear of it all.

Finally, Hayden noticed the empty bar just as he finished the last of the books. The timing was almost perfect and it made him smile. Like there was something else that was rooting for them. He didn’t know what he was expecting from this drink, or what she was expecting but whatever it was it gave him a little bit of hope. He sighed and straightened his shirt taking a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He fixed his hair and walked out into the bar.

Back to top Go down
Zoe Spencer
Zoe Spencer

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Zoe finished pouring a drink for herself, and one for Hayden. She smiled when she saw him coming, and she felt her stomach flip again. How could anyone be so incredibly handsome? He took her breath away, and she couldn't remember the last time she had felt this way about anyone. Well, maybe she could. She thought at one point she had been in love with her best friend, Sebastian, but they just weren't meant to be. And she knew she loved him as a friend, but when they had kissed, it felt more like kissing a brother. And it had also been three years since anything remotely romantic had happened between them. She knew they weren't good together. He would just be her best friend, and that would be enough. She sighed and shook thoughts of Bastian out of her head. She would call him tomorrow and tell him about her night tonight. And hopefully he would be happy for her.

She climbed up on a barstool and sipped her martini, just watching him and trying to figure out how to speak without embarrassing the hell out of herself. She lifted her face to look at him and brushed her hair behind her back.

"Thank you for helping me with that guy. I was pretty close to kicking him in the balls, but I think it was better coming verbally from you. I tend to act before I think...so thank you for saving me from him, and from myself."

Zoe might have been seen as a princess by her father, but she knew she was not a pushover. She was not a dainty little flower unless she wanted to be. And of course, she had those moments. But she would not be pushed around, by her father, by her uncle Aiden...no, not by anyone. But if the right guy came around and she chose to be sweet to them, it would make it all worth it. And Hayden was definitely a contender. He didn't know that necessarily, but she was keeping track. And so far, she liked what she saw. The best part was...he was nothing like her father. She scooted a bit closer to him as she twirled her glass around in her hand a bit. He even smelled incredible. He was going to make her go into shock from wanting him so badly.

"So tell me more about yourself, Hayden Valentine," she said softly, with a small small gracing her lips. "You are here a lot, from what I've gathered. You always seem to be working so hard. Don't you get to do anything for fun?"
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valentine
Hayden Valentine

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Hayden was nervous. No nervous was an understatement for what the man was feeling. The butterflies in his stomach had turned into hornets and he wasn’t sure if he would be able to even talk in front of the girl. He had never been a player, that was Chace. It was his friend who was good at talking to girls. Hayden was more the silent type, however, that all changed once he got alcohol in him, or feelings were involved. Mixing the two, like he was about to do, was usually advised against. He couldn’t be held responsible for what he was about to say, or do to this beautiful young woman in front of him.

He stood at the doorway for a moment just watching her. She was beautiful and confident. So much more than he felt he deserved. She wasn’t a damsel that needed rescuing and that was all Hayden knew how to do. He gave her a slight smile before walking over to the bar, taking the empty stool beside her. He placed his arms on the bar suddenly unsure of what to do with his arms or the rest of his body. The moment of unease passed when she started speaking.

He shook his head giving her a smile as he remembered the incident. “No problem. You seemed to have everything under control I just intervened to make sure that he didn’t try anything,” he said with a modest tone. He really didn’t feel like he had done anything special aside from making sure that the guy left the bar. He wouldn’t stand for behavior like that toward any employee, especially a female. It wasn’t that he was sexist, it was just that he had been raised to respect women and protect them. He was a true gentleman.

“You never have to be afraid to be yourself. Chace doesn’t think before acting either and he’s a good asset. Besides, any action you would have taken would have been justified. That guy was being a jerk,” he added only moments later.

He knew that she would have dealt the man a far more cruel punishment than simply being banned. She knew how to handle herself, it was the reason he had agreed to hire her despite not having any experience bartending before. She was witty and tough, but as he was witnessing now she could be delicate as well.

Hayden shrugged at her question. He wasn’t really used to talking about himself. Working at the bar he usually just listened and so the question caught him off guard. Truth was that Hayden liked to do a variety of things outside the bar. He was a man’s man as far as things came down to it. “Umm, well I like to play field hockey as well as rock climb and swim. Pretty much any sport you can do outdoors I like to do, “ he replied, turning a bit red from how lame it all sounded.

“What about you? What do you like to do when you’re not threatening customers?” he asked with chagrined smile.

Hayden || 521

Back to top Go down
Zoe Spencer
Zoe Spencer

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh my God, he is even more sexy than I first imagined.

Zoe couldn't help those kinds of thoughts from running chaotically through her head. The more he said of himself, the more turned on she was. He liked being outdoors, and he was athletic. Zoe was not necessarily the best at any of the things he had mentioned, but she enjoyed putting herself out there and trying new things. And she loved watching a strong, sexy man like Hayden in his element. She needed to get him out onto the field or something so she could watch those muscles in action.

"That sounds fantastic, Hayden. I'd like to see you play sometime. Or maybe we could even find something to do, just you and me. I've always been a fan of beach volleyball, myself. Although, I'm sure you could beat the pants off of me. I'm not very good," she smiled.

She blushed a bit when he reminded her about her run-in with the earlier asshole, but then she remembered that she didn't need to worry about being herself around him. So she sat up straight and pushed her long hair behind her back as she looked into his eyes.

"What do I do for fun? Hmm...that's a hard one. Usually, I'm either reading or shopping. I'm a bit of a shopaholic, actually. My father isn't very happy about that, hence my own personal job," she smiled.

"But I also love water. Anything to do with water, and I'm there. I'm in my hot tub with a glass of wine most evenings, when I'm not here of course. But I love the beach, or the lake. And of course, I love threatening people, as you so delicately put it. In fact, after I save up some money, that's what I'd really like to do with my time. I want to be an auror someday. I'm not sure if I'll be any good, but I think it would be fun to legally kick ass," she said with a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Need a Hero *Hayden*   I Need a Hero *Hayden* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Need a Hero *Hayden*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mirror of Erised  :: Away From Hogwarts :: Muggle London :: Club 87-
Jump to: