The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Back to December [[OPEN]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

Back to December [[OPEN]] Empty
PostSubject: Back to December [[OPEN]]   Back to December [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Warren walked out to the Quidditch pitch. His feet crunching on the frozen ground leaving traces of where he'd been, but not where he was going. That was the thing though, the catch, Warren didn't know where he was going. He wanted to go back to that December. before his parents were killed, when the world somehow still made sense. He didn't remember much now. He had been fairly young but the day. A day like this he always remembered. It had been cold outside, on the verge of snowing. Damon was watching him like always, although he guessed his brother had been even less keen on it then. He remembered playing on the swings when the flashing lights came. It had been the muggle police, they had been killed in London after all.

The lights had seemed so pretty then. So enchanting and he remembered laughing, despite the serious expression on his brother's face. His laughter is what haunted him. That he had been so happy at the lights that brought the news. Of course he realized there was no way he could have known but still. Why had he laughed? Damon said he didn't remember that day. Warren suspected that he remembered more than him but didn't want to talk about it. Damon never wanted to talk about it and his brother did so much already that Warren never asked. Today was different though, they wouldn't spend time together. Each of them mourned in their own way. Damon was probably drowning his sorrows in liquor in the common room. He could get in if he wanted. Damon had given him the password, but he didn't want to.

Instead sat on the bleachers and looked out over the pitch, thinking of anything but the thoughts on his mind. He didn't want today to be the same. He would always honor his parents, but he was tired of the guilt that flooded him when he thought about them. No instead, he would sit here and daydream of tomorrow. When everything would be back to normal and it would be a while before he returned to December.

He was so focused on this that he didn't here someone else approach him. He didn't feel the eyes as they looked at him and it wasn't until they broke the silence that he looked up with a crooked smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Jocelyn Morgan
Hogwarts Prefect: Ravenclaw
Jocelyn Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Back to December [[OPEN]]   Back to December [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Jocelyn was taking a much needed break from her studies to walk around the frozen grounds of Hogwarts. She had not been able to find Evan, so that left her with some time to just be on her own. That was a good thing, she had a lot to think about. First on her mind was always her boyfriend. And he was going through a difficult time with his family right now. She didn't know all of the details, but she knew it wasn't like him to be so depressed. She wanted to find a way to help him, but then again, she also wanted to let him open up to her when he was ready.

Another thing that kept her thoughts busy was the internship that she had coming up at St. Mungo's. She felt like her whole life had been building up to her becoming a healer. And if it didn't go well with her healer at the hospital, she didn't know what she would do. She felt so much pressure to do well, not necessarily from her family, but from herself. Her father had passed away three years ago, and now money was tight for her and her mother. She knew that if she did become a healer, the money she earned would be a big help to them. She only prayed that she did not mess anything up.

She wasn't really paying attention to where she was going. She was just watching the breeze blow up little flurries of snow. And every once in a while, she would see a pixie or a dragonfly flitting across the ground to get to their home. She looked up as a small sparrow flew from a bush up to the sky. And that was when she saw Warren in the quidditch stands. She smiled at her friend and housemate, but as she got closer, she could tell that something was going on with him. She wouldn't pry...it wasn't like her to do so. But she did want him to know that she was there if he wanted someone to talk to.

"Hey, Warren. It's beautiful today, isn't it? Bloody freezing...but beautiful. Mind if I sit?"

Jocelyn

Last edited by Jocelyn Morgan on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

PostSubject: Re: Back to December [[OPEN]]   Back to December [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Warren looked up at the new voice. He wasn’t surprised at the intrusion only mildly curious as to why anyone would agree to be outside on a horrible day like this. He gave her a warm smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. He was glad it was her and not someone else. He hadn’t talked to Jocelyn much and although he would consider her a friend, it wasn’t his habit to talk to people about his past.

“Sure take a seat,” he told her patting the seat beside him. She seemed to have something on her mind as well, which would explain the reason that she was out here in the middle of the quidditch pitch on a day clearly meant for being indoors. “It’s always bloody freezing out here,” he told her with a smile. It was true, the pitch was the best and worst place to be. The open space allowed you to see everywhere and enjoy how truly beautiful it was, however the lack of trees meant that the wind had nothing to block it from running through you.

“What brings a pretty girl like you into this winter wonderland?” He asked hoping that he wasn’t intruding. He wouldn’t push it if she didn’t want to talk but it wasn’t like they could talk about the weather for very long.

He looked out to the forest wondering exactly what it was that Vance was doing, whether he was alone or with someone. He wanted to know how his brother dealt with this so that he could learn to deal with it too.

[268]

Back to top Go down
Jocelyn Morgan
Hogwarts Prefect: Ravenclaw
Jocelyn Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Back to December [[OPEN]]   Back to December [[OPEN]] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Jocelyn smiled and blew hot air into her hands, then rubbed them together, trying to warm them. God, it was freezing out here. But it almost felt good to be so close to the elements like this. She felt so small and insignificant out here. It was the perfect way to make her problems drift away, as if they were traveling on the wind with the snowflakes. And to be completely honest, her problems were not that monumental in the first place. She had a wonderful mother, a loving boyfriend, a promising internship...all in all, everything was fantastic. She was just a bit overwhelmed, nothing more. And she had never been one to whine or complain needlessly. So she just smiled at Warren and shook her head.

“Nothing much. I just like getting away from all of the hustle and bustle, you know? Even this seems better than the common room. And look, I’ve found myself a friend.”

Her smile deepened and she gently linked her arm with his. She hoped he wouldn’t mind the closeness, but it was very cold. And she knew he wouldn’t take it the wrong way. Neither one of them was interested in the other as anything more than a friend, and Jocelyn had to admit it felt nice to have someone near without any tension.

“What brings you out today, love? Is everything alright? You don’t have to tell me. Only you look like you could use a friend right now.”

She suddenly remembered a charm to create a small fire, so she pulled out her wand and created a small, glowing ball of blue flames in front of them. Then she put her wand away and rested her head on Warren’s shoulder.

“You don’t even have to speak if you don’t want. Hell, you could tell me to leave you alone, and I would. But if you’d rather have someone close by, I don’t have anywhere else I need to be right now.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to December [[OPEN]]   Back to December [[OPEN]] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to December [[OPEN]]
Page 1 of 1