The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Our Own Celebration (Samara)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Samara Bailey
Head Girl: Slyherin
Samara Bailey

Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Sam had been shivering when Gareth had come in and she was so glad that he had covered her up and was now with her. She had been used to dealing with her sickness on her own, but now that she did not have to she thoroughly relied on he her beloved to take care of her. She loved him and how attentive he was, and he just made her feel so loved and cared for. It was just something wonderful about her Gareth, something that no one else could fully comprehend.

Gently she turned to the rose he had brought home for her and smiled weakly. She loved him so much and he was just such a caring and wonderful boyfriend. Holding his hand in her cold shaking one she kissed the top with her pale lips. She was starting to look sick, she already knew, but she hoped that Gareth wouldn't think her any less beautiful.

"I am sick baby," she whimpered. "Are...are you going to take care of me?"

She made her tone cute, as if trying to keep him from resisting, but she knew that it wouldn't be a problem. Her Gareth would take care of her even when she did not want him to. That was just how wonderful he was to her.

"Ugh...Gar...Gar I'm going to sick up..." she said frantically.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Head Boy: Slytherin
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Gareth grabbed the trash bin that sat on his side of the bed, putting on his lap. He helped Sam sit up carefully and set it in front of her, rubbing her back gently. It hurt him so much to see his fiancée so ill. And she went through so much with this. He didn't know what to say or do, other than to just be with her, and there for her, so that was what he would do. Be there for her, and care for her until she screamed at him to go the hell away.

He left the bed only long enough to get her a glass of water to rinse her mouth out with when she was finished getting sick. It was almost routine now, and Gareth knew exactly how long it would be before the water from the faucet would be a temperature cool enough to soothe her throat should she decide to drink any of it. He brought it back to Sam, along with a cool wet cloth for her head when she could lay back on the pillows.

He stayed silently at her side while he waited for her to do what her body had to do. He wished that there were something else that he could do to help her, but he knew with a sinking heart that the only thing was to be there for her, love her with all his heart, body and soul.

"I'm right here, Sam. I'm not going anywhere while you need me. Just tell me if there is anything that you need me to get for you?" He smoothed her hair back from her pale face.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Samara took the water after she had finished throwing up and spit into the trash bin. God, she hated this so much. When she was sure she could turn and not vomit she put the bin down on the floor and turned to face her beloved. He was just so handsome, and he deserved someone so much better than her. He deserved to be loved and taken care of, rather than have to take care of her twenty-four seven. Sometimes Samara wished Gareth would get sick, just so she could repay him for how well he took care of her. Gently she pulled him to lay down with her and snuggled into him.

"M'sorry," she whimpered. "I...I didn't...didn't mean to..."

She broke off as tears began to dribble down her pale cheeks and onto the pillow. She was so horrible for Gareth, he needed someone perfect. He deserved a princess, his real life Juliet...rather than the flawed mess that was Samara Bailey. He never had to deal with this when he was dating Evie, she was sure of it. Maybe he would have been better off with her...maybe he deserved to be with her. Granted Evelyn was dating Miles, so she would just have to find him someone like her.

"Gar?" she sobbed. "I...I don't think...I...I deserve you...I don't deserve you...maybe you should...should find...find a better girl...one...one that is more beautiful...and...and perfect..."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Gareth reached out to wipe Samara's tears away. She didn't mean what she was saying, of that he was sure. It would kill her for him to even believe that she did. And he would certaingly never think of it, he already had the girl that he loved. She was the one of his dreams. His increasingly......interesting..... dreams.

He pullled her up into his arms and hugged her gently. He wanted her to feel his heart beating, and find a way to let her know that it beat for her, and her alone. If she wasn't there, he didn't know what would happen to him, but he did know that his world would be very dark indeed.

"When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes, I all alone beweep my outcast state. And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries. And look upon myself, and curse my fate, wishing me like to one more rich in hope. Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd. Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope, with what I most enjoy contented least; yet in these thoughts myself almost despising. Haply I think on thee,—and then my state, like to the lark at break of day arising from sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate; for thy sweet love remember'd such wealth
brings that then I scorn to change my state with kings.
"

He didn't know what she would think of him starting to recite Shakespeare to her, but he remembered the day that they had began their relationship, when he'd told her that he loved her. They had recited the balcony scene of Romeo and Juliet and he'd known for some time before that his feelings for her had run deep in his heart.

"Samara Evans Bailey, to me, you are perfect. There is no one more beautiful than you, no one ever could be." He kissed her cheek softly.

"You are my queen, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Samara felt more tears roll down her face as Gareth recited Shakespeare to her. He always knew how to make her feel better, even when the world or her CVS didn't want her to. She needed him to survive, needed him to breathe. And even though they got into many fights, both of them knew that they loved one another. And that they would always, always, forgive the other for such a thing. Sniffling she looked up at him and placed a shaky palm on his cheek. This was her Gareth, her beloved, and forever he would always be known as hers....soon they would get married and have their own family...and everything would be beautiful and end like a fairy tale.

"I love you," she whispered, gently pressing her lips to his. "And...and I'm sorry about this...I...I wish I was more normal for you."

Snuggling deeper into his chest she pulled the blanket back over them both and closed her eyes. She was already so tired, and she just wanted to fall asleep in his arms. In his arms she was safe, warm, and loved. There was no place she would rather be than in his loving embrace.

"I love you Gar," she whispered. "I love you so much...you are my star crossed lover."
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Gareth smiled. Sam was snuggled up to him, and she appeared to be feeling a little better. That was all he could ask right now. He loved her so much that his heart ached. He didn't know how to explain his feelings. Even to himself. He just knew that she made him happy and that was all that mattered.

He pulled the blanket up closer to her chin as she cuddled into his chest. He wanted to keep her as close to him as possible, and this was one way to do just that. To hold her in his arms. He bent his head and kissed the top of hers softly.

"I will always be your star-crossed lover, my beautiful Sam. And you are perfect to me. And as for normal, what is that? I'm certainly not normal. What eighteen-year-old falls this deeply in love, and doesn't try to make a move on his girlfriend when she is sick? I know that I sound crass and stupid right now, but from what I've heard from some of my dorm mates, they would sleep with their girlfriends when they are in bed with a fever of one hundred three. That is sick in my eyes, and if they don't care how they get their kicks, then they don't really care about the women they claim to love." He tilted her chin up to kiss her forehead.

"Your health is very important to me and I will only care about what is best for you. And what is best for you right now is to get some sleep, so you do that. I'll be right here the whole time for you, my love." He pulled her even closer to him and snuggled against her head.

"Just don't hesitated to tell me if you are too warm, or feel that you're going to be sick again, Love. I don't want you to be uncomfortable if I can prevent it."

Damn, now he sounded smothering again!
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Samara nodded weakly against him, but shivered. She was not hot, she was cold. Whenever she went through a bout of CVS it was always accompanied by fever. The severity usually ranged from how high her temperature got. And at the present moment she felt that like her fever was sky rocketing. Snuggling farther into Gareth she tried to fall asleep so that she could maybe get some of her illness to leave. However sleep did not come...at least not in full. She found herself waking up continuously. Either shivering violently or because she was sweating so much it was making the bed around her wet. However she never stayed awake long. She would turn over, or whimper, and just pass out again. More than once she felt her hand reach out and squeeze Gareth's as if to make sure he had kept his word and was still there.

"I..." she whimpered in sleep. "I...no...mummy...mummy please...please...I...I don't want to stay in timeout anymore...please mummy...I...I want daddy...daddy..."

Tears rolled out from under her closed eyes onto her pale, warm, cheeks. Her dreams spinning and weaving into a feverish tornado of pain and anxiety. Until finally her eyes opened and she was forced to sit up. Breathing heavy she turned over towards the edge of the bed and vomited onto the floor.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Gareth had been clenching his fists as he listened to Sam's words as she dreamed. He had never met her mother, and he hoped that he was fortunate not to. The woman had been horrible to his love! What kind of person did things like that to a little child? He was glad that she'd been returned to Alex, but the damage had been done to her anyway.

He felt even worse when she sat up and turned to the edge of the bed and was sick once more. He knew that her episode hadn't been over, but he believed that this had a lot to do with her dream as well. He didn't know how to get those dreams out of her mind. She never had to go through that torment again, but dreams of her past still haunted her. Gareth never wanted her to feel anything but safe and loved when she was with him, because he would do whatever it took to protect her. Anything that needed to be done, just to be sure that Sam was safe.

He sat up as well and moved closer to her. She was warm, but it wasn't overly so, and she had been shivering. She apparently had chills this time. His heart felt the familiar instant pain in knowing that she was going to be suffering for a day or two, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. The only thing he had to offer her when she was having an attack was to be there for her.

He pulled her against his chest and rubbed her arms softly.

"Oh, my love. You're so sick. Is there anything I can get you?" He got up from the bed and cleaned her increasingly small mess from the floor. He was rather surprised that there was anything left in her stomach, but he retrieved the trash bin and sat it next to the bed once again in case she was hit with the nausea once more.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Samara coughed a bit and looked to Gareth. She knew that he was probably scared for her, but she couldn't help being sick...and at the present moment she only wanted one thing...and that was her daddy. She wanted her daddy, and she knew that sounded childish...but that was what she wanted. She missed him, she missed how he took care of her. How he would stroke her hair when she got sick, or hold her on his lap and read to her from his novels.

"I...Gareth..." she whimpered. "I...I want my daddy..."

She knew how childish that had to have sounded, coming from a seventeen year old girl. But she felt that she could not survive without her father and at the present moment that was who she needed. She needed her father to come over and baby her just a bit. Sure, it wouldn't make her any better physically; but just having him there for a couple of minutes was enough for her.

"I...I miss him Gareth," she sniffled. "I...I just...I just need him to come over for a bit. Just...just a bit?"
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Gareth didn't hesitate. He nodded and kissed her forehead, then with the promise that he would be back in just a few minutes, he went to the kitchen and called Alex. While he waited for Sam's father to answer the phone, he looked over at the tree with a tiny pang of regret. His poor love. She was sure to be sick until they went back to school, and he didn't know what to do with their Christmas tree. He didn't see any reason for it to still be up, given that Christmas had been four days earlier, and it was only four more days until they returned to Hogwarts.

He'd not wanted much that evening, just to be with Sam and show her how much he loved her. Well, he could still do that, but not the way he'd planned. What he could do was get her father for her, and that was what he was attempting now. The phone continued to ring, and he was starting to wonder if Alex was even home. After the ninth ring, Gareth hung up and tried another number. Alex's cell phone. This time it was answered on the second ring and Gareth went through the usual pleasantries, then explained that Sam was having an attack from her CVS and wished for her father to come and see her.

A few minutes later, he went back into their bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed, taking Sam's hand in his own.

"I got ahold of your father, and he said that he'll be here as soon as he can, Love." He stroked her hair back from her face and leaned down to kiss her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Alex Bailey
Adult: Romance Novelist: 38 yrs old
Alex Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Alex hated getting these kinds of calls. He was always worried about his baby girl, no matter what was going on with himself. And right now, it was not looking good. He had been in another appointment for his heart and they had actually given him an honest-to-goodness time frame. He had six months, and if a proper donor could not be found...well, he would most likely be on a cold table in the morgue by the end of that time. This little bit of information he would readily keep from his daughter. She didn’t need any more stress. She was already suffering from CVS, as well as getting used to living with her boyfriend. Although he knew she would worry regardless, he didn’t need to make it worse.

He rushed over to the apartment that he was helping to pay for, and took a few minutes to catch his breath before knocking lightly, then letting himself in. Gareth had called and had specified that Sam needed him. It wasn’t very often Samara needed his help. She was usually the one helping him. So he rushed up to the bedroom and knocked once again before entering. He was sure his concern was etched on his face, just as it looked to be for Gareth. He moved over to the bed and knelt beside his baby, smoothing the hair away from her forehead and placing a soft kiss there.

“Hello butterfly. Daddy’s here.”

Alex

Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:33 am

Samara felt her daddy's hand move her hair back and when she opened her eyes it was to see him placing a warm kiss on her forehead. Smiling weakly, she reached out and took his hand. She loved her daddy so much, and she was just so happy that he was able to come. She was always so scared that one day she would just lose him forever. But Sam knew that if she did lose him she would lose herself. She loved her daddy, he could not leave her, and she would fight God himself if he even tried to take him away. Weakly wrapping her arms around his neck she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Daddy," she said softly. "You came...I don't feel so good."

And that was true, Samara felt like something that had been chewed up and spit back out. When she was little, she used to hide her episodes...and tell her daddy that she had just eaten too much food. Her daddy always believed her, but that was just because he trusted her so much and was so sick himself. Samara still felt guilty about hiding it from him, but was a firm believer that because she did so she managed to buy her daddy some time.

"H-How are you feeling?" she whimpered. "You're not sick are you? Maybe I shouldn't have called so suddenly."

Looking up at him she weakly pressed a cold, clammy, palm to his head. He felt warm to her, but that was just because of how cold she felt at the present moment. Letting her hand flop down to his shoulder she closed her eyes and held onto him.

"I'm sorry daddy," Samara whispered. "I am so sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Alex Bailey
Alex Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Alex felt his brow crease as he looked down at his daughter. Didn't she realize that all of his pain went away whenever he took care of her? Well, maybe it didn't really go away. He just didn't care so much about it anymore. He loved her so much, that anything he was going through at the moment quickly seemed insignificant. He kissed her forehead and shook his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, lovely. I came because I wanted to come and because I want to help take care of you. Don't you worry about me, I feel great. I could write a full novel tonight...and I might have to, if Miranda keeps bitching about deadlines. I love her, but I swear to God...sometimes I want to force her to go on vacation with me. Hey, that's not a bad idea. Hell, if we don't, there's no telling which of us might need medical care first."

Alex moved to where he could relax against the bedframe, not explaining that he was feeling severely winded at the moment and he needed some time to calm his blood pressure before his heart gave out. He pulled Samara with him and tenderly rubbed her back, resting his cheek against her forehead.

"Now, let's just relax and you can tell Daddy all about it. Are you stressed, sweetheart, or is it the damn CVS acting up? I swear to Merlin, I am going to give someone at that bloody hospital a piece of my mind. You'd think they would be able to come up with something to help my little girl. You just say the word, butterfly...Gareth and I will go and kick some healer ass."

Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Samara snuggled into her father's chest. She remembered when she had been little and her daddy used to do it. Both her and her daddy got sick fairly often. She supposed that now they chose to look at it was a change to bond. They really didn't have another way to look at it. They couldn't just mope around and pray for it to disappear forever, the world did not work like that. So her father and her would make the best of it and spend that time together; taking care of one another in any way the could. It was a bittersweet moment, a beautiful picture drawn in the sums of London, as her daddy so creatively put it.

"I don't know daddy," she said softly, answering his question. "I....I may have aggravated it by eating some pizza."

Samara couldn't help but submit to weakness every once in a while. She loved food, and it just made her so sad that she could only eat certain kinds. She didn't want to have to spend the rest of her life eating health food, sure it was good for you but sometimes Samara just wanted to eat a whopper with fries and not have to worry about throwing it up an hour or so later. She was just so sick of it!

She hoped her father would sympathize with her and not lecture her about it. She knew that she needed to be careful about what she ate, Samara wasn't stupid and she did know how to take care of herself. There were just times that she wanted to be lazy and show people that she was in control of her own life! Despite the mistakes she made along the way.
Back to top Go down
Alex Bailey
Alex Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 am

Alex raised an eyebrow. Ah, so it was pizza. Now that made so much sense, of course her CVS symptoms would have been heightened. But Alex wasn't really in the mood to lecture her. Hell, he was very rarely in the mood to lecture her. Their relationship had not been a normal parent/child one, and that wasn't necessarily always a good thing. He had let his little butterfly walk all over him a time or two, but he just didn't have the heart to discipline her the way a normal parent would. She had gotten enough of that from her mother, she had never needed it from Alex too. But then that made getting her to mind him a little difficult. He wondered how she would be as a mother, whether she would be laid back the way he had been, or if she would be more of the disciplinarian type. He guessed that it would be a mixture of both. Then again, she could really get his ass into gear when it came to his health, so maybe that was a sign of things to come.

He leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"I don't blame you for the pizza...I occasionally indulge in junk food, even though I know I'm also not supposed to have it. Don't tell Miranda, though...she would kill me. Or she would wait for me to die, bring me back to life and then kill me again."

He smiled and rubbed his daughter's arm, bringing some warmth into her skin. She always seemed so cold to him, but that might have been because he was always so warm. Sam also needed some more meat to her bones, but with her CVS, there wasn't very much hope of that. He wished he could just take that burden upon himself, but life didn't work that way. And thinking about it was just making him angry.

"Enough talk about illness and dying. I say we bring some life into this apartment! Do we have music anywhere? I won't have my baby girl and her boyfriend living in the depths of depression day in and day out because of this damn disease. Gareth...what do you like to do for fun? Let's live like the young people we are," he said, winking at Samara.

He knew she would probably gripe about doing anything other than sitting around and feeling ill, but sometimes Alex had to push her to forget about her sickness. It was one of the only things he could do personally to help her heal.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:26 pm

What did he do for fun?! He'd never been asked that before. He thought about it and realized, he was pretty damn boring. His idea of fun was just to sit with his beloved and talk, or read a book. He didn't want to bring up what he'd had planned for the night to Alex. It might get him killed. He didn't care what Alex had said about it earlier in the year, the fact that Gareth had said then that he was nervous about it had made the situation a bit more vague. But now that he had conquered his fears and wanted it to happen more than he had then, he didn't want to risk telling his fiancée's father that.

"What do I do for fun?" he asked, clearing his throat. "Um, nothing, really. I spend all my time that I'm not at school or working with Sam. We talk, read, watch television. Not really something very interesting, to be honest." He shrugged, a slightly crooked grin flitting across his handsome face. "Pretty sad, huh?"

He went to the small stereo that they had in the living room and turned on the radio, looking for a station that would appeal to everyone. He found one after a few moments and turned it up so that Sam and Alex could hear it in the bedroom. He came back to the doorway and looked over his shoulder in the direction of the music.

"I hope that's the kind of music you meant, Alex?"
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Sad? Had Gareth just called their life sad?! Getting up from the bed she went over to him and punched him HARD in the arm. Their life was NOT sad, sure they didn't go out and party every night like some teenagers did but she didn't think their life was sad! Glaring and grumbling about how her fiancé was the biggest damn bonehead in the world she went into the kitchen and poured herself a tall, cool, glass of water. Sipping from it she glared at the two men that were playing with her stereo system. She was angry, and cranky. And sure Samara knew her father had intended to come and cheer her up, but if anything he had just set kindling out for a fight that would rage and spark like a forest fire. She was SO pissed!

Finishing her water she put her glass into the sink and pushing, roughly, by her boyfriend went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. Turning on the shower she began stripping out of her clothes and adjusting the water. She smelled gross, being sick always made her feel like she stank. Getting into the warm water she closed her eyes as it pelted her back and shoulders with warm, little, droplets. Sighing softly she grabbed the bottle of lavender shampoo from the shelf and began washing. Occasionally she would try and convince Gareth to join her, but with her father being out in the living room...and her mood being fairly annoyed, she knew he would avoid her like she was the plague.

After about thirty minutes of non-stop washing Samara turned the water off and stepped out. Steam had filled the room and despite how warm it might have been to Gar or her father Samara was still freezing. The doctors said it was because she had no body mass to conserve heat, but there was nothing that could be done about. Samara couldn't eat high fat foods.

Dressing in a pair of pajamas and tank top she came back out, and still ignoring her boyfriend crawled back into her bed.
Back to top Go down
Alex Bailey
Alex Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:46 am

Alex shook his head at the way his daughter was acting. He knew Samara better than anyone, and he knew that she was prone to mood swings. But Gareth didn't deserve to be treated this way! After everything they had already been through together in their short time together, Gareth had showed a tremendous amount of love and self-sacrifice for Sam. And right now she was acting like some teenage brat who didn't care! It irked Alex. Now, he had never been particularly firm with her, but he sure as Hell could lecture her. And right now, that is what he planned on doing...whether his heart was weak or not.

He turned to Gareth and sighed. "She didn't even say what was bothering her, did she? Don't worry, lad...she does that to me all the time. I'll try and talk to her."

He placed a reassuring hand on the boy's shoulder before going into the bedroom where his Sammy had situated herself. He closed the door, and walked up to the bed, standing with his arms crossed in front of his chest. He was waiting for the perfect words to come into his head. As a writer, that should have been a simple task. But being a parent and a novelist were two very different things. He would have to speak from the heart and head on this one.

"I am disappointed in you, Samara Bailey. I know you feel lousy with your illness, but that is no excuse to act like a brat. Now normally, I would try my best to stay out of your relationship with Gareth, but not today. You treated that young man very badly, and he doesn't even know why. After everything he has done for you, I think he deserves a little room to be able to relax. He loves you Sam...don't punish him for it."

His chest was heaving heavily, and he hadn't even been yelling. Truth be told, he was feeling extremely weak from all of this 'trying to act normal' business. Plus, he didn't want to spend his entire afternoon being stern with his daughter. She was an adult now...so that meant his time was up.

"I'm going to leave you two alone now. You seem to be well enough, if you're working this hard to be angry."

He sighed, and whether she liked it or not, he went to her and kissed the top of her head warmly. He really didn't like leaving her like this, but it was Gareth's responsibility to bring her smile back. And Alex trusted him with that, surprisingly. He never thought that he would with any man.

"I love you, Sammy. I'm sending Gareth back in here, you be good."

He left the room and went out to Gareth, clapping him on the back.

"Good luck...I may have just pissed her off even more, knowing my baby. But at least she'll be mad at me instead of you," he said with a wink.

"Go get her, son."

And with a loud crack, he had apparated back to his own apartment and fell with a crash on his front room sofa.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Gareth bit his lip as he stared at the spot where Alex had just been standing. He and Sam were alone now, she was mad at him, and possibly even more upset now that her father had said what he had to her. He knew she didn't feel well, but he also didn't know why Sam was upset with him. If it was because of what he'd said about being boring, he'd only meant that he, himself was boring. He certainly didn't know why Sam didnt' say something about it to him. She deserved better than him. He was content to read, watch television or just stare at a wall! How boring was that?!

He swallowed hard and stepped up to his bedroom door, taking a deep breath. He raised his hand to the handle, but backed away for a moment. He needed to think of what he was going to say when he walked into the room. Gareth didn't want to sound like he thought that Sam was boring, that part was easy. But if she was still pissed at him, it would make it harder for him to get that he'd only meant himself across.

He did love Sam beyond his own existence, and he hoped that she knew that. He cherished her deeply, and always would. He didn't want to always give up the things that he wanted for her, it just seemed to come out that way each time. He didn't understand why, but maybe now was the time to put an end to that, if it was possible.

Gareth entered the room and looked at Sam.

"Hi," he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 am

Samara didn't say anything as Gareth came in and said hi, she was still mad at him...okay, maybe less mad that he had come in said hi so adorably. Sometimes Sam lost her resolve just because of how cute her future husband was. But she was not going to let him get this one. She loved him of course; but he had basically called their life sad! And he didn't even seem to realize it! He was such a guy, just like her father. Sometimes Samara was surprised that her daddy could live with a woman like Miranda Lane. She was one of the angriest people in the world, but Sam would never admit that to her father...least of all to his face...but part of her had a hunch that he already knew.

"Hello," she grumbled into her pillow. "Did he leave?"

Sam knew he had, so him answering that question was pointless. What she really wanted was for him to come back and finish taking care of her. Yes, Sam had acted like a brat...but that didn't mean she felt any better for it. Her stomach was still in knots, and her father was just starting to make it go away. However he left before she could fully relax...and now Sam knew that until she talked to him again it would never really disappear. Sighing gently she turned onto her back and faced the ceiling. Since when had her and Gar's life become so complicated, they fought over the dumbest things...or Sam did...Gar was typically the person that just took it.

"I'm sorry..." she sighed in shame.
Back to top Go down
Gareth Winter
Gareth Winter

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Gareth inched over to the bed and lay down on his side, facing Sam. He wanted to be near her. It made him feel better knowing that even though she was sick and probably still mad as a wet hen at him, she was still in the room, and it calmed him. He pulled her closer to him in response to her telling him that she was sorry. He didn't mind getting yelled at once in a while. He just wanted to know why he was getting it. But he didn't care that he'd been punched right now. He just wanted to be with Sam.

He pulled the covers up over the both of them after kicking off his shoes, kissing her cheek gently. He was happy now. She was there, even though she'd been upset with him, he'd still been allowed back into the room. He couldn't ask more than that right now.

He moved away again in case she didn't want him to touch her, but remained close if she wanted to snuggle against him when she fell asleep.

"Sam, I'm sorry. I should have explained that I didn't mean that we were boring, just that I was. I have to be the most boring person in the world. Kind of makes me wonder why you don't yell at me more often, make me get up and take you somewhere. Just to break up my stupid monotony. But truthfully? I would be happy just sitting here staring at you every night."
Back to top Go down
Samara Bailey
Samara Bailey

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Sam turned to face Gareth and with a sigh, stroked his cheek. She loved him so much that words would never describe it, and she wasn't even going to discuss why she had been mad before. It had no point, and Sam wasn't up for another fight. Closing her eyes she moved closer to him and curled up into his chest. She was going to sleep well tonight, and so long as Gareth was there for her she knew that nothing but sweet dreams would flit in and out of her mind.

"I love you Gareth..." she yawned, her words slurring together slightly.

Closing her eyes she pulled their blankets up around them both and began to drift away. Today had turned out better than she had thought it would, and Sam knew that the days would only get better and better. And it was because of days like these Samara knew that no matter what her and Gar would always be together.

(Ooc: I belive this thread is fin lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Own Celebration (Samara)   Our Own Celebration (Samara) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Own Celebration (Samara)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mirror of Erised  :: Away From Hogwarts :: Character Homes :: The Loft-
Jump to: