The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Max Xandex
Gryffindor
Max Xandex

This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Empty
PostSubject: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Max looked at the sketch that he'd drawn a few days ago and then back to the canvas that he was currently working on. The sketch was merely for reference, as he was now doing the picture again in full color. He'd had this in his head since he'd had a dream the night before he'd drawn the original sketch. He'd written the colors that he'd wanted it to be in the margins, and was now trying to mix the paints he was working with to match one that he'd wanted very much.

He finally got the tint that he had seen, and took the brush that was between his teeth to start applying it to his canvas. He smiled to himself as the painting started to appear the way it had in his dream. He was going to give this to his foster mother and her fiancé. He had the feeling that they would appreciate it, even if it didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to them. Max chuckled at that thought. He didn't think that this painting would make sense to anyone but him. Unless they thought the same way he did, that was. And he'd noticed that a few of Hogwarts students did, but none of them were in the room with him now. In fact, he was all alone at that moment. Or so he thought.

Max felt eyes on him, but pretended not to notice. He wanted to finish at least half of the painting before he went to lunch, but finally the feeling that he was being watched was getting too much for him to take, and he looked around to the person standing across the room from him.

"Well, since you are here, and you have been watching me, what do you think of it?"
Back to top Go down
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Warren entered the art classroom. He needed more supplies for the portrait of Damon that was still in his room waiting to be finished. He wasn't expecting anyone in the room. Most of the students in Hogwarts lacked creativity. One of the things that made finding a boyfriend so difficult, or girlfriend he supposed since he was open to the idea of girls. He paused for a moment upon seeing another body. The boy wasn't just screwing around ditching class he was actually painting something. He stood still watching as he mixed the colors as expertly as Warren did himself. He didn't know who the boy was, but as the painting started to come to life, Warren found himself fascinated. He wanted to introduce himself but at the same time he knew that being interrupted was annoying and irritating. Still he wasn't just about to grab the supplies and leave. He needed to meet this boy and talk to him at least.

He watched as the painting took shape, like something from a dream the colors were beautiful but too vivid for reality. It was a direct translation though. He could feel what the painting was saying just by looking at it. That was something rare, something more artists didn't know how to do. Yet, here was this boy giving life to something as easily as a grass grows. It was extraordinary. His eyes moved from the canvas to the boy. Studying him as he painted, the lines of his face, what little of it he could see, his back. He was tall. Taller than Warren at least which was a good thing.

Finally the boy turned around. No doubt having felt Warren's presence staring at him. Warren smiled, a charming smile, before walking forward toward the boy. "It's beautiful, actually. I haven't found anyone in this school who can paint and I come in here and find you. A little Da Vinci." he said a teasing tone despite the fact that his words were serious. Even if the boy didn't know it, a compliment like that coming from Warren was extreme. Warren was a natural artist. He excelled in everything involving the arts, like music and painting. "I'm Warren Griffen, yes my older brother is Damon." he said giving a crooked smile with the second half of the sentence.

Introducing his brother, he had learned, gave him a bit of protection if it turned out to be the who he was talking to was an ignorant ass. Damon had a reputation that protected Warren and although he had never said so he was glad for it. He knew that Damon suffered. It was why he had dated a few girls in Hogwarts. It helped take the edge off of what people thought and made his brother work less to make sure no one hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Max Xandex
Gryffindor
Max Xandex

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Max grinned sheepishly when Warren called him a little DaVinci. He knew he didn't have that much talent, but it was nice to know that someone thought that he at least had some. He recognized the name of Warren's older brother, but had never actually met Damon. He wondered if that would was the reason that the name had been brought up. He didn't want to ask, in case he was thought of as a stupid moron or something, but made a mental note to keep the name in mind.

He turned back to his painting and started working again. He'd never actually thought of himself as having talent at all. He just did what was in his head. This was only his third attempt at painting, and he was surprised that he'd been able to get it to look ecactly the way that he'd wanted it to. He wanted to do another for his cousin, who he hadn't seen since he was about seven years old. It wasn't until Armistad had shown up at the house that Max had inherited that he learned why that had been. Armis was more like him than he'd ever realized, and he hoped that if he was to paint for him, his cousin would at least keep the painting somewhere in the house.

He turned back to Warren. "I'm Max Xandex, and I don't know about being a Da Vinci. I've never really thought about what I do with my works. I just get the picture in my head and begin to put them to paper. I've not worked with paint that much, but when I have, it's come out the way I want it to." He put the brush down and wiped the paint from his hands.

"It just seems that anything that I work with in art comes out exactly the way it looked in my head." He stepped back and looked at his painting critically.
Back to top Go down
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Warren smirked noticing the sheepish smile. The boy was adorable and it was cute to see someone still be bashful of compliments. Still Warren hadn’t been lying, the painting was incredibly good and if Max continued developing this talent he would no doubt one day be referred to as a great artist. He felt more at ease though, knowing that despite this talent Max wasn’t arrogant. Damon would tell him to be more careful but Warren was tired of being careful. Tired of pretending that he wasn’t who he was.

He watched as the boy worked wondering what it was that he was painting. It looked so real and vivid almost as if it was a real place on this Earth. Warren was better at abstract, he could draw dreams and places that could never exist. It was a different talent although Warren was glad for it. Damon kept every single one of his creations and they lined the rooms of their house back home. He wondered where this particular piece was going though.

“Nice to meet you and trust me you have talent. Serious talent. It’s beautiful that you can imagine places like these,” he said softly. Most of Warren’s own work centered around those bright lights that had visited him and his brother. Damon knew it and never commented on the colors. He would just smile in that same far away gaze and hang it up. “So you thought of this?” he asked wondering if perhaps it was a true place that they could one day visit.

“Well maybe you could do a painting of me sometime. I’m not very good at self portraits. A painting for a painting?” he said playfully.

Back to top Go down
Max Xandex
Gryffindor
Max Xandex

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

A painting for a painting? Well, Max didn't have any idea what to say to that, but without thinking, he lay down the brush he was holding and turned to a blank canvas that was standing near him, picking up a pencil and started to draw, glancing at his new subject every so often. He didn't know what had prompted him to do this, but he found that he just had to.

The pencil flew over the canvas, little scratches sounding with every stroke. His picture was starting to come together already, and it was surprising to him. Usually he had to finish one project before he could even start to think of another, but for some reason, this was different.

Max finished the sketch and began fine tuning the drawing. He began shading and blending and within another fifteen minutes, he was finished and put the pencil down, looking back and forth between the canvas and his subject. He tried to have a critical eye while he studied it, but he had never really thought of what he did as art. Maybe if he showed it to Warren. He turned the canvas toward the other boy.

"Was this what you had in mind? Granted that I'm not that talented, but I think maybe it comes close to how you look."

Last edited by Max Xandex on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Warren wasn’t sure what the boys response would be. It was clear he had talent but what if he simply wasn’t interested in doing a portrait of Warren. Fortunately, for the young blonde, he didn’t have to wait long, because soon Max had put down his brush and gathered a new canvas. Warren was glad that this had been his response because it meant that they would get to spend more time together. The Ravenclaw hadn’t ever considered himself a romantic but the feelings that were gathering in him were just that, romantic.

He tried to sit still but his patience was wearing thin. He had never been good at waiting for things. He had always been the artist never the muse. He understood now why his subjects always seemed so impatient. Still, he distracted himself by studying the other boy. The way he seemed so involved in the painting it was easy to get a sense of the soul inside of him. Warren found his thoughts drifting over to the possibility of making this more than just a friendship. All he wanted to do was get up and kiss the boy, to take his smooth lips in his.

He could tell when the boy was almost finished as the glances toward Warren became more frequent. He was anxious to see that final result but also anxious to be closer to the boy. Several times in the last minutes he had to catch himself from saying what was on his mind. For the first time in his young life he was confused about what he wanted. He knew that Max was attractive but it was something else. Dare he think it? A deeper connection between him and the boy. What scared him was the suddenness with which this thought had imbedded itself in his head. Although he was impulsive, when it came to things like this the boy was almost always more rational. Yet, all the thoughts in him where anything but.

It was as if his heart was overriding his sense. He became aware of the beating of his heart, the increased pace. He wouldn’t have been able to stop himself if Max hadn’t stop and put the pencil down. He turned the painting around and Warren had to catch his breath. Was that really him? He moved toward it carefully, awestruck by the obvious talent but mostly by the clarity in which this boy could see him. He shook his head at the boy’s last words. “You’re kidding right? It’s magnificent,” he replied , studying the fine detail.

He looked up at the artist then and before he could stop himself he brought his lips crashing down on his. He lost himself in the kiss for a few moments before realizing what was happening. With that new thought he pulled away, his pale cheeks flushed with embarrassment but mostly passion. “I’m sorry,” he said his blue eyes glittering.

[491]

Back to top Go down
Max Xandex
Gryffindor
Max Xandex

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Max was surprised. Pleasantly suprised. He'd never had this kind of a reaction to one of his works. He'd been told that his portrait of Warren was magnificent and then had been kissed, and kissed very well. But it had been over before Max had the chance to respond. He would have been more than willing to kiss the Ravenclaw back if he'd continued.

"You don't have anything to be sorry about. I liked it. Very much." He smiled at Warren and turned back to the canvas he was holding and set it back on the easle, looking at it with a new eye now. One that belonged to someone who'd had his lips claimed by the subject of the work. Lips that were still tingling from the impact. He'd been kissed by girls, but never by another male. It had been a rather interesting experience. And also thrilling. Max's heart had started to pound a mile a minute and he had all sorts of colors and images running through his head.

He closed his eyes as they started to form a picture in his mind. It would be his third work of the day, and he usually was only able to do one or two a week. It seemed that Warren served as a muse for him. Max's hands flew over the canvas again and within no time he had finished the drawing and was starting on the colors.

The painting began to take on even more shape as he filled in the pigments where his mind was telling him they would be going. He didn't even look to see what it was that his mind was telling him to create until it was finished. Then he stepped back and his jaw dropped at what he'd made in the short span of time.

On this new canvas was himself, and he was with another person, wrapped in an embrace from behind by someone with blond hair and blue eyes. Max's brown eyes roamed across the canvas again and he was astonished at the amount of detail he'd captured. He had even put his tattoo in the painting, and he'd not even known what he was doing. But what struck him the most was the person that was holding him. It was Warren, the Ravenclaw boy that had just kissed him.

"Oh, my......." was all he was able to whisper before he turned the canvas around to show to Warren.
Back to top Go down
Warren Griffen
Ravenclaw
Warren Griffen

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Warren didn’t say anything but a small smile flitted across his face as Max admitted that he hadn’t minded, rather that he had liked it. That had been the response that he was looking for, although throughout his life he hadn’t always gotten the same reaction. Some of them pushed him away and called him a freak or other crude and unimaginative names. He hadn’t cared then knowing that the boys had felt the same thing he had; only they were too shy to admit it. Warren never had the problem of being too shy. He always did what he wanted and at this moment he wanted to kiss the boy again.

However, Max was working on another painting and the look in his eyes told Warren that it was best not to disturb him. So he watched him work, never taking his eyes off his face. He wanted to memorize it, every line ever mark. Whatever came after today wouldn’t be of much importance as long as Warren had this minute. As long as he had this moment with the artist. Max was beautiful, handsome, and every other adjective that could possibly describe the young man. It astounded Warren that they hadn’t met before. It seemed a shame that they had spent so much of their lives without each other.

Here he was again, getting caught up in his daydreams. Ignoring the fact that even if the boy had liked the kiss it didn’t mean he wanted anything else. Still, in Warren’s mind they had a life together filled with kisses like the one that had just happened. Filled with embraces under sheets, skin melting into skin, their feet indiscernible through space. There would be moments of laughter and no doubt of tears. Warren stopped his thoughts short. He always daydreamed but nothing so vivid. He was calm and collected. It was his partners that chased after him. He hated to admit it but Max seemed different. The pounding in his chest from the kiss hadn’t left him, the wanting still existed in the young Ravenclaw.

He was pulled out of his reflection by Max’s words. They interrupted the silence that had driven Warren into a state of frenzy. He didn’t say anything though and instead directed his vision toward the painting. He paused, his heart in his throat. It was them, an image from his dreams. He looked up at Max but didn’t say anything. He was at a loss for words. The possibilities made him dizzy. He took his hand and brought it up to his face pressing it against his cheek, before he pressed his lips against his.

Back to top Go down
Max Xandex
Gryffindor
Max Xandex

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Whatever Max had said about liking Warren kissing him before, it was totally erased from his mind now. This kiss was better than the last and he couldn't restrain himself from bringing his hands up to the Ravenclaw's shoulders to keep him where he was. He didn't want to let go of Warren's lips, his mind even screamed at him to not let go. He wanted to hold onto the other teen until he couldn't think any longer.

Something was starting to happen to him. Something that he'd not felt very often. He'd known that he was attracted to both males and females for a year now, but it still surprised him when it happened. Max chose not to fight it, and let it flow over him in a rush. He didn't feel shame, because he knew that this was who he was. Who he'd always been, even though it had cost him his family. But then again, what kind of family had he lost? One that had mistreated him because he could use magic. He was better off without them, and more than happy to finally be himself living with the Radcliffe and Michaels families.

He finally broke the kiss, but didn't try to hide what Warren had done to him. He wasn't ashamed, but if the Ravenclaw was offended then he would apologize. Somehow, though, he didn't think that Warren would mind in the least. Because it seemed to the Gryffindor that he wouldn't be getting kissed if there were going to be any kind of problem with a physical reaction. Now the matter that he had was to try to get the same reaction from Warren as well. Before something happened to make them seperate and have to leave the room, heading back to their own dorms before they could learn if something might come of this.

"Warren," he whispered. "Where is this going? I know that I want it, but do you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)   This Is A Colorful Day (Warren) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Is A Colorful Day (Warren)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mirror of Erised  :: Fourth Floor :: Art Classroom :: Classroom-
Jump to: