The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver Wood
Adult: Reserve Keeper for Puddlemere United: 18 yrs old
Oliver Wood

This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 am

Oliver walked into the Three Broomsticks, fuming slightly. He'd had a practice that afternoon and the only things that had happened were the Beaters were late, and when they had finally arrived, they had all been stinking drunk! He slid onto a stool at the bar, needing a drink himself now. When he had the drink he ordered he belted back half of it before he received his change.

"Keep it," he said when the change was set in front of him. "I'll need another drink in a moment." The bartender nodded and walked away to get him a refill. Oliver turned on his stool. There weren't many people in the establishment, and that surprised him. It was obviously a Hogsmeade weekend, as he'd seen students milling around the streets. There were a few in the bar, but no one that he recognized. Probably because they weren't Gryffindors. He sighed and finished his drink. Figured there wouldn't be anyone that he could talk to. He didn't know anyone!

He turned around as his second drink was set in front of him and sipped it. He pretended not to notice as someone sat down two stools from him. He felt the person staring at him and he sighed, turning his head. His eyes widened when he saw who it was.

"Oh, my God! Finally, someone I can talk to!"
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter
Co-Administrator: Gryffindor
Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Harry smiled at his old quidditch captain and he had to laugh as he sat down and ordered a butterbeer.

"Now when have I ever been very interesting to talk to, Wood? You and I both know you only used me for me seeking skills," he said teasing.

Harry was here for Hogsmeade weekend and it felt so good not to have to sneak around anymore. Last year they had kept him away to protect him from the notorious Sirius Black. How ironic that the only reason he could go this year was because his godfather, Sirius, had been the one to sign his permission slip. Life was good for Harry now, living with his father's best friend. Now he knew how it felt to have someone that cared for him unconditionally. Of course he had his ups and downs with Sirius, but that didn't mean he didn't love the man as he would have his own parent.

"So, what brings you here this evening? I am meeting my girlfriend here, I hope anyway. But I don't know if I'll tell you who she is. You might think me a traitor or something."

He cleared his throat and took a courage-building sip of butterbeer. Merlin, he had to stop worrying about what other people thought of Serenity. He supposed he just didn't want to have any drama when his Gryffindor friends found out.

"I'm with Serenity now. Serenity Snape."
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Oliver choked on his drink. Had Harry just said that he was dating Serenity Snape?! The Headmaster's daughter? Well, this was an interesting turn to his day. He wiped the alcohol from his chin and turned back to the young Gryffindor and cleared his throat.

"Well, this is some news! I'm assuming that she makes you happy, so I'm not going to give you a lecture about mixing Gryffindor and Slytherin houses in a relationship. Although I have to say, I am a bit surprised. What's next? Hermione Granger going with Draco Malfoy?" He chuckled at that comment, then sobered up.

"Hey, I've had a bit of a distressing day. If I upset you with that Hermione crack, I'm sorry. It's just that I had the cruddiest practice today. The Beaters were all late and then they were drunk off their @#!*% . It was just a total mess. Don't take what I said personally, OK?"

He took out a few galleons and tossed them onto the counter in front of him.

"I'll buy your Butterbeer. And Harry? I just want to tell you to stay out of the way of those who would have a problem with you and Serenity. If Serenity is the one you want, I'm all for it. But there are those in both houses that would try to come between you, right?"

Last edited by Oliver Wood on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Harry shook his head and held up a hand to show that everything was fine.

"Don't worry, I'm not offended. I can almost guarantee that Hermione will never be with a git like Malfoy. But she doesn't like Serenity either, so that's been a bit of a tender spot in our friendship. I wish that everyone could see what Sere is really like. She only hides behind her rough exterior to keep from getting hurt."

Harry felt bad about Oliver's day. He knew what it was like to have a bad quidditch practice, that was for sure.

"I'm sorry about the practice, mate. Maybe I should be the one to buy your drinks. How is life outside of quidditch? You have a girlfriend yet? Are the fangirls bothering you during games?"

He smiled, knowing Oliver had been talked about quite often among the girls at Hogwarts. He was sure it would be the same now, especially with him as a pro-quidditch player.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Oliver thanked the bartender for his third drink and ordered something to eat with it. He was drinking on an empty stomach, and that was not a good idea. He didn't want to get drunk, just calm his frazzled nerves a bit. He smiled at Harry's suggestion to pay for his drinks instead, and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, Harry. You just keep your money for Serenity. I'm sure that she would appreciate it if you treated her to dinner or something." He grinned and saluted his former teammate with his glass. "And don't be so sure that Hermione wouldn't do something to surprise you. I've known people that have been one way all their lives, and then right out of the blue, they do something to shock you." He thought that Hermione had the capacity to do just that. He'd have to wait and see though, he didn't want to make a bet with the young Gryffindor and then have to hadn over his hard-earned money because he'd lost the bet.

He smiled again when Harry asked him if he had a girlfriend.

"Actually, I do have a girlfriend, thank you for asking."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Harry sipped his butterbeer again then he clapped his friend on the shoulder.

"You do have a girlfriend," he said smiling. "Job well done, then. And who is she, might I ask? I don't recall seeing you with anyone in particular at Hogwarts, but then I wasn't paying much attention to all of that the last three years."

No, for the first three years of school, Harry hadn't really cared about girls all that much. He had noticed them, for sure. But until the end of last year, he barely started recognizing his feelings for Serenity. There was a time when he thought that Hermione might have fancied him. And he had heard about Ginny's crush as well. But both of those girls were like sisters to him. He couldn't see himself dating them. And yet, he was with Serenity. Another girl he had never pictured that way before...until he really started getting to know her. And he realized she was not just another girl, or another Slytherin. She could see into his heart and soul. And she didn't run away from what she saw.

"And how is your family? Your parents alright? I suppose they can have all the quidditch tickets they want, eh? Blimey...you'll have to get me into a game one of these days. As long as the death eaters don't show their faces at the next one."
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:10 am

Oliver smiled. Now Harry was interested in what was happening with him and his family? That was boring stuff. Oliver would rather talk Quidditch and Harry knew it. But since he'd been asked, Oliver knew it would only be polite to answer.

"My family are fine. They still live in Scotland and although you would think that they would take all those Quidditch tickets, funnily enough, my mum doesn't much care for the game. Strange what with me being her son and all, right?" He took a sip of his drink and smiled. The other subject that he loved to talk about was his girlfriend. She was the first that he'd ever had, and he loved her with all his heart. He knew that some people would laugh, but he knew that when he fell in love, it was going to be forever.

"Her name is Vela Barron, and I didn't meet her in Hogwarts. I met her after a game actually. And if you think she's a fan girl, I would have to correct you. She is nothing like that. She was more interested in me as a person than as a celebrity." He smiled again as he thought of her, then downed the rest of his drink.

"As for those tickets, I can get them for you whenever you want, and with the increased security, I can guarantee that there wont be any Death Eaters at the match."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Harry smiled. “Good. Because I can't handle another Ministry official thinking I had anything to do with an attack. It was hard enough when we thought Sirius would be sent back to Azkaban when he hadn't done anything wrong.”

He turned around against the bar and started watching the people who walked in and out. He wanted to see Serenity so badly that it almost hurt. He looked back to Oliver and nodded.

“I'm happy for you. Vela sounds great. I wish you the best, Oliver. I really do.”

He lifted his recently refilled glass and held it up.

“To you and Vela,” he smiled.

He hoped that one day, he and Serenity could be out of Hogwarts and planning for their future together. But with the last three years as history, there was no telling what his future would bring. Especially now that Sirius was in the picture. He didn't know what his godfather would think of him wanting to continue on with Serenity until she told him to take a hike. And Harry knew that that day was shortly coming, for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Oliver detected a bit of jealousy in Harry's voice. He wasn't going to comment on it, it wasn't his place. That was for his girlfriend to sort out. But he did accept Harry's toast to Vela and downed the rest of his third drink. He was now feeling much calmer. His bad day was slowly being forgotten, at least for the time being. He had plans to see Vela that evening, if not sooner. But he didn't know where she was exactly. She was as busy as he was and he didn't want to try to make her rearrange her life for him in any way.

He ordered another drink when his food arrived, this time a butterbeer so that he wouldn't be too drunk to talk to Vela if he was lucky enough to see her that evening. He wanted to discuss whether she wanted to go to a movie with him that weekend if they were both free. He'd not even come close to broaching anything more with her. He was happy just going for a walk, seeing a movie, or just talking. But he knew that eventually he was going to want to settle down and marry. And he had the feeling that he wanted the woman that he did that with to be Vela.

"Harry, I hope that you are happy with your relationship. You deserve some happiness after what you've had to go through. I think that there are a lot of people that don't get that, and think that you are just a person playing at being a hero, but I know you. You don't want that. I could see it in your face every time I saw you in Gryffindor Tower. You just wanted to be happy and if Serenity makes you that way, I say good for her." He took a bite of his sandwich.

"And you just let me know when you want the tickets, and I'll get them to you as soon as I can send an owl, all right?" He put down the money for Harry's second butterbeer.

"Just don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve to be happy with whoever you want to be with, mate." He smiled at the other Gryffindor.

Last edited by Oliver Wood on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vela Barron
Adult: Singer/Songwriter: 19 yrs old
Vela Barron

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Vela needed a drink, and with how bad her day had been she needed a stiff one. She had just lost a gig...to some stupid little teenager! How did that happen!? How was it that whenever a break presented itself she always missed it or got passed over for some other half wit wannabe music maker! She wanted her time to shine! Her time to be in the spotlight, rather than standing backstage watching as everyone else gets recognized.

Going into the bar she stormed to the counter and ordered herself a tall glass of fire-whiskey on the rocks. She knew that because she was at the Three Broomsticks alone drinking this heavily was dangerous, but she just could not resist. But it was only then did she notice that she wasn't really alone, not far from her was Oli...the love of her life...her support and foundation...the one that made her smile when all she could afford to do was frown.

Going over to him she smiled weakly and looked at him.

"Well hello their handsome," she grinned. "I missed you...I've had a horrible day."

Pouting gently she puckered her lips slightly and pressed them to his own.

Vela
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Oliver was taken by surprise. He hadn't expected to see Vela this soon! Now his day was going from horrible to wonderful. He'd not seen her all day, and this made him feel much better. He turned to her and smiled.

"Where did you come from? I am so happy to see you, but I thought that we weren't going to be able to see each other until late tonight?" He hugged her gently and kissed her cheek. "I'm glad that your plans changed. Mine did too. I was supposed to be at practice until about eleven, but when all the beaters showed up piss drunk, the coach cut practice short and sent us all home." He looked at the bar and his dinner that he had yet to start to eat. Then he remembered that they were not alone.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm being extremely rude!" He turned around entirely so that his back was to the bar. He tugged Vela in front of him and smiled broadly.

"Harry, I would like to introduce the love of my life and my reason for living, other than Quidditch, Vela Barron. Vela, my former Gryffindor housemate, and Qudditch teammate, Harry Potter."

He leaned over and kissed Vela again. She made his horrible day so much brighter.

"So what happened that made your day so horrible? You tell me, then I'll tell you mine, and if Harry had a bad day, he can tell us both about his?" He looked to Harry and grinned, then back to Vela.

Back to top Go down
Vela Barron
Vela Barron

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Vela smiled at the boy with the scar on his forehead. She knew him of course, everyone did...but it was still cool to meet him in person. He seemed fairly normal, but Vela knew better than anyone to never judge a book by its cover. Reaching out she took his hand and shook it gently.

"Well it's nice to meet you Harry Potter," she grinned. "I trust you are keeping my man in line then?"

Winking gently she settled herself on Oli's lap and wrapped her arms loosely around his neck. Vela had never been shy when it came to to public displays of affection. She loved being able to brag that Oliver was her boyfriend, nothing made her happier. And she knew that her beloved just had to love the attention.

"Well...I just lost another gig," she sighed. "To a freaking child! Ugh! I am so sick of being passed over when it comes to being in the spotlight...I wish I could have ONE gig that would result in some type of record deal."

Turning to Harry she sighed.

"I know you must hate your fame, Harry...but God...I wish I could have your popularity for just one day...one day to make a name for myself would be lovely."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Harry was happy to meet Oliver's girlfriend, and he thought she was a nice girl, for the most part. But to wish for his brand of fame and popularity? It just made her another person that did not fully comprehend what he was going through or who he was. He was not famous because of a skill, or because people thought he was extremely charismatic or good-looking. He was famous because he wasn't dead, and his parents were. He was famous because Voldemort didn't have a soul and had been so evil and power-hungry, that he couldn't rest until he had gone too far. Harry didn't know why he had survived, but he sure as hell knew he didn't want to be famous for it anymore.

He tried to think of a way to respond without showing his displeasure at what she had said. So instead, he chose to just drink his butterbeer and talk to Sirius about it when he got home. His godfather would know what to say. He had been famous for something he didn't want to be famous for. He hadn't even done the thing that had made him known throughout the wizarding world. But still...he was known for it. And Harry wished with all his heart that he had not had to go through the pain he had known.

After a moment, he turned again to Vela.

“I don't know much about becoming famous, actually. Maybe if you got up there and started singing, they would ask you to do it some more,” he suggested hopefully.

“And by the way, it's nice to meet you too, Vela.”
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Oliver sensed that Harry was a little bugged by what Vela had said about being popular. He knew that she'd not meant it the way it had sounded, but having known Harry for as long as he had, he knew it was a sensitive subject to the young Gryffindor. He didn't want to start an argument between his former teammate and girlfriend, so he went with Harry's suggestion for Vela to sing.

"Yes, Vela, why don't you do that? You have a wonderful voice, and it's very unfair that you lost the job because the git had a tin ear." He nuzzled her neck for a moment. She had a way of making him lose some of his inhibitions. She was on his lap with her arms around his neck and he was loving every second of it. But he wanted her to be allowed to show her talent more at the moment. He pointed to the small stage that was in the corner of the room.

"There's a stage over there, and I'm sure that no one would mind you starting to sing. It seems way too quiet in here tonight." He kissed her cheek and looked into her warm melted chocolate eyes. It would make her happy if someone besides him wanted to hear her sing, he was sure of that. And if she was happy, then he was happy.

"So, what do you say, Love? Take Harry's suggestion and sing for us all?"
Back to top Go down
Vela Barron
Vela Barron

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Vela felt her cheeks flush a bit but nodding she took out her wand and transfigured a barstool into an electric guitar. There was already an amp up there from the last act, but she needed her guitar to play properly. Going up onto the stage she smiled to Olli from the stool and sat down. She moved the microphone so that it was close enough to her plump lips that the sound would flow out clear and true, but the words would not gargle and sound sloppy.

Tuning the lovely, lavender, guitar she looked to see that she was starting to get an audience. If nothing at all this would at least be a great way to relieve some stress and make her feel better. Taking a deep breath she began counting herself into the song. Her wand had charmed the drum set to follow her with the song and as her hands strummed the guitar at a fairly fast tempo she could not help but smile. God, she loved performing so much...her love for singing compared to her beloved's love for Quidditch. Vela would never be complete without a guitar and microphone near by.

As the notes banged against the walls and her voice rang through out the bar she kept her eyes on Oli. He was her inspiration, without him she would have never gotten the nerve to stand up and sing. He was her everything.

Song
Back to top Go down
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Oliver listened to Vela's voice as she sang her song. Even if he didn't hear all the words, he did hear the sentiment behind them. In all his time at Hogwarts, he'd never found anyone that could get his mind off Quidditch and get him to have a life away from the pitch. Then he'd met Vela.

His eyes never left hers as she sat on the stage, a magically charmed drum behind her keeping time. He was so proud of her. This was what she did. Charmed audiences with her voice, and made them listen to her songs. He just didn't understand why no one outside of her audiences could get that. Why was she having so much trouble finding singing gigs?

He stood from his stool and applauded along with everyone else in the building when she finished, but his heart made his applause the loudest. He went over to the stage and took her hand, kissing it softly, his eyes still not breaking from hers.

"I think you are a smash, Love, and that they want to hear more. What do you say we give them one more, then go see the owner of the bar about maybe giving you a position for the time being? Or would you rather just go somewhere and be alone with me?"

To be perfectly honest, Oliver was open to either choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)   This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Had To Be The Worst Day Ever! (Open)
Page 1 of 1