The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
The site has been moved to this new url...please come and see the improvements!

http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com
The Mirror of Erised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror of Erised

Glance at the reflection to what your heart desires most!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The site will be deleted some time around June seventh. Everyone will recieved a three day warning before the deletion date to close their threads or move them. If you wish I will put the threads in an archive board on the new site, which is at this address http://harrypotterdreams.proboards.com. If you do not request the threads you want archived I will delete them...if you need time transferring talk to Severus Snape in the CB or send him a PM. Thank you for being a part of MoE, I hope you will be apart of the new site as well. Severus Snape

Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ava Spencer
Werewolf: Hufflepuff: 16 yrs old
Ava Spencer

Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Ava shivered as the cool sensation of the charm settled over her. Taking the blanket her Professor had so graciously given to her she snuggled farther into it. She was practically frigid, but the blanket was slowly working to warm her and help her begin to doze. However when the light from outside slapped her in the face she knew she would have no hope of sleeping. No, at this point all the bright sunlight did was give her a grueling headache and turn her stomach once more.

Taking the bucket her teacher had conjured for her she leaned over it and dry heaved. It was so hard to throw up when there was nothing there...and what did come up was just more stomach acid. Shuddering a bit she looked away from the bucket and laid back on the stretcher.

"Ohhh..." she moaned weakly. "Sir...are we there yet?"

Realizing that they clearly weren't she closed her eyes tight against the bright light. Merlin, she did not want to think of what she would look like the next day. Ava always looked sick and gross, but she was sure that tomorrow would be one of her worse...and of course Parker would notice. And if Parker noticed he would go back to asking questions again, all to which she could not answer.

"P-Professor?" she whimpered. "Will...will Professor Snape be there?"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
Hogwarts Staff: Head of Gryfindor House: Astronomy Professor: 34 yrs old
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Sirius vanished the contents of the bucket when Ava had finished being ill. He gave her some more water, not sure what else to do for her. A potion would resolve her nausea well enough, but he had none, so water would have to suffice. It would help, at least. They'd left his conjured cup behind. No matter. It would disappear on its own soon enough, and he could conjure a new one easily enough. He helped Ava sit up and held the cup to her lips so she could drink.

"I don't know. Probably not. He'll most likely be in the Great Hall eating breakfast with the rest of the school. Try to drink something. It'll help settle your stomach until we get to the castle."

Or, at the very least, it would give her something to puke up besides bile.

Sirius took the cup away and vanished it. "Lie back, and try to rest. We're almost there." Sirius levitated the stretcher and arranged the blanket so that it covered her before he continued toward the castle.

"So, do you want Professor Snape to be there?"
Back to top Go down
Ava Spencer
Ava Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Ava cringed as the water fell into her empty stomach. Merlin, that didn't help at all, if anything that just made her feel like she would vomit more. Swallowing hard so that she could retain something she did as her Professor instructed and laid back. Closing her eyes briefly she listened to him as he continued to talk.

"I think it would be easier," she whispered. "Professor Smyth would just run to him anyway...at least this would save everyone some time."

Closing her eyes she yawned softly and snuggled farther into the blanket her teacher had straightened for her. She was so cozy at the moment, but she knew that the moment this little ride was over her Professor would just leave her. Which was a shame because she had so enjoyed his company.

That and him being with her while Professor Snape spoke to her gave her more confidence and kept her from falling to pieces from fear of what the Headmaster would say to her when he realized she had lied to him. God, Ava didn't want to even imagine how he would react. Maybe he would take mercy on her because she was ill, or maybe Professor Black could soften him up...but knowing the rivalry that presided with her Professor's he would just make it worse.

"Ugh..." she whimpered. "M-My leg is burning....Professor Black...it...it burns..."

She knew that she had told him this before, but she just didn't know what to say! She had to scream, cry, complain...do something that would vent the agony she was presently in.

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Sirius held Ava's hand. There was little else he could do for her now. He took her into the castle. There was a secret passageway between the first and third floors, he knew, but it was too narrow for a stretcher, so he took her up the main staircase, thankful that most of the castle was a breakfast. A few students ambled down, one or two of them wearing sunglasses. Sirius was glad to be under the disillusionment charm. It hid his knowing smile. He remembered the days of stumbling down the stairs with a pounding head in hopes of eating the greasiest food he could find. He never could understand how the professors didn't notice. Unless perhaps they did and reckoned a hangover was punishment enough.

They arrived in the Hospital Wing without incident. He couldn't wait to hand Ava over to someone else, not least because he hated watching her suffer and being helpless to do anything about it. Sirius led the stretcher inside. He lifted the disillusionment charm and called for Madam Pomfrey as he levitated the stretcher toward the nearest bed.

"Poppy! I have a patient for you! It's urgent!" Sirius didn't think he'd ever get used to calling the people who used to teach him and care for him by their first names.

Sirius wanted to get Ava off the stretcher and into the bed, but he didn't want to risk hurting her further, so he gently brought the stretcher down on top of the bed. Madam Pomfrey could get her settled. He gave her hand a squeeze. "There now. Madam Pomfrey will be here soon."

He looked up in time to see Madam Pomfrey bustling out of her office, and she wasn't alone. Sirius' eyes went wide when he saw who was with her.

Snape.

He shouldn't have been here! He should have been in the Great Hall! How in the world did he always manage to be in the most inconvenient places possible? Well, Sirius would be civil. He doubted they'd ever be friends, but he was determined to end their feud. Otherwise they'd go mental trying to work together. And besides, Lily had liked him, so he couldn't be all bad. Could he?

Sirius gave a curt nod. "Good morning, Severus. Poppy, this student needs attention right away."
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Administrator: Hogwarts Staff: Headmaster: Occlumens: Legilimens: 34 yrs old
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:25 pm

This was the third day, and Severus was now starting to worry. He was not one to boast, but his healing abilities were quite competent. Being a Potions Master meant learning about healing properties as well, but with his daughter in his quarters sicker than a dog and him unable to get her fever down for the life of him he had set out to get Poppy's help straight away. However, he was never one to ask her to leave her workspace and simply sought to have a consultant on his own child. That was until Black sauntered in with one of his students. And of course he knew this student.

Ava Spencer, she had just recently been changed into a werewolf by some demon of a man that thought it would be an appropriate punishment. Shaking his head briefly he turned to Black. Well at least someone who had dealt with werewolves before had stumbled upon her, granted he was under the impression that she had her own collector. Her father had written him a letter stating that Aiden Showers was the Healer that would be helping her through the change this term...it would seem that he was mistaken. Otherwise it would have been Healer Showers bringing her in, not an exhausted Sirius Black.

"Merlin child," he said softly. "Why didn't you come to me before the full moon?"

In his own defense Severus had assumed that young Ava had gotten the help she needed. And Severus, being a father himself, was very sympathetic of the young girl. When he saw a female student in pain or agony he saw his daughter Serenity.

"Poppy," he said turning to her. "I believe Serenity can wait a couple of minutes, please tend to Miss Spencer...Sirius..."

He cringed internally at uttering that name.

"Might I have a word?"
Back to top Go down
https://themirroroferised.rpg-board.net
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Sirius nodded, though he was loathe to leave Ava alone. He was beginning to feel quite protective of her, though at the moment he supposed the best thing he could possibly do was get out of Madam Pomfrey's way and let her do her job.

"Yes, of course." He gave Ava's hand one final squeeze. "I'll be right outside, Miss Spencer. Yell if you need anything." Sirius didn't know if she'd take him up on his offer or not, but he reckoned a person shouldn't be alone at a time like this. He'd always hated to be alone when he was sick or hurt.

Sirius took the few steps that put him within spitting distance of his old classmate. "After you," he said, with a motion for Snape to lead the way. Now that he thought about it, he had quite a few things he'd like to say to Snape, starting with how in the world he managed to let a whole year go by without noticing that one of his students was tearing herself apart once a month. Sirius still couldn't quite understand how she'd managed it, unless the professors at this school were blind. Had no one noticed her injuries? Her absences? What happened when her injuries were too severe to heal on their own? Sirius supposed it was possible that she'd just been lucky and that hadn't happened yet. It was certainly true that some transformations were easier than others. But it still seemed highly unlikely.

Sirius followed Snape to the corridor and leaned a shoulder against the wall. He rubbed his eyes for a moment. He didn't realize until he turned her over how worried and exhausted he had been while she was in his care. Now it was all catching up with him, and he felt he could have slept for about a year. He could never be a healer. Far too much responsibility.

He looked into Snape's coal-black eyes and was instantly transported back to the past. To all the years of hatred between them. All the years when Snape made the Marauders' lives miserable. All the years they spent at each other's throats. And then to the years he spent in Azkaban, wallowing in the injustice of it - that he, an innocent man, was locked away while Death Eaters like Snape managed to wriggle free. Sirius sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He forced those thoughts away. Old grudges wouldn't help anything now, and besides he was far too tired to be angry. Nor would he risk rowing in front of a student. He fixed his eyes on Snape's and forced a smile. "Nothing like a trial by fire, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
Administrator: Hogwarts Staff: Headmaster: Occlumens: Legilimens: 34 yrs old
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Severus watched the man before him carefully as they continued a bit down the corridor. It had been so many years and Severus still did not trust him when his back was turned. It was not that he thought Sirius was a murderer, that was never it...no it was more or less because old habits never died hard...he was always waiting to find a wand to his back for whatever reason. Turning to the man as he spoke he nodded. His dark eyes were transfixed on Sirius's a well, the man before him looked exhausted...Severus had to say he was fairly tired as well. Staying up all night while his daughter vomited was not the ideal way to spend ones weekend.

"I..." he cleared his throat. "Would like to thank you Black...for taking care of one of my students..."

Granted they were BOTH responsible for the students...but he was the Headmaster, so that meant he had a much heavier weight set on his shoulder's. He knew that Sirius would start questioning him about Ava and how she had hid it so well from him, and Severus had no answer for him. The girl had told him that Aiden Showers was caring for her, and he had informed the staff that she would be with the Healers at St. Mungo's were she not at the school. He supposed it was naive of him, but he had hoped to give the girl the benefit of the doubt.

"Before you ask," he continued, trying to wipe some of the exhaustion from his eyes. "I was truly unaware that Miss Spencer was not being collected. I had offered to collect her myself, but she had told me that Healer Showers would be doing so."

His head was starting to thump and he cringed a bit at the bright light the sun brought into the castle. He wished that he could find some common ground with this man...this was so difficult compared to talking to any of the other staff members. And the longer he stood there in silence the more Serenity suffered.

"I would like to talk more about Ava," he continued. "However...I cannot at the present moment. My ward is fairly ill herself, and I would prefer not leaving her alone for much longer. Perhaps...you could meet me in my office later in the evening for...a drink...and we can find a solution to Ava's problem?"

God, those words tasted bitter...however he would not back down...he knew this was the right thing to do. And if nothing else at least it would help Miss Spencer someway.
Back to top Go down
https://themirroroferised.rpg-board.net
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Sirius bit back the thousand things he wanted to say as Snape spoke. He felt his mouth draw into a tight line. Of course he had taken care of her! She was his student, too! What did Snivellus think, that Sirius would just leave her lying in a pool of her own blood on a filthy floor? Idiot.

Sirius forced down his temper. It was clear that Snape didn't trust him. He would hardly turn his back on him! What did he think Sirius was going to do, hex him right here in the middle of the corridor? Git.

Sirius had never done anything to render himself untrustworthy in Snape's eyes. If anything, Sirius felt he ought to have earned the trust of the whole damn country, after what he'd been through. And the ministry behaved as though an apology just made it go away. As though it changed the years lost, the years spent in constant fear, or, worst of all, the years Harry spent wasting away in a broom cupboard and thinking no one loved him.

Sure, Sirius had let teasing and pranking get out of hand a few times when they were younger, but he could hardly be held responsible for that now. What sort of person still held a grudge over things that had happened when they were fourteen, anyway? Of course, Sirius was still holding a grudge of his own, but that was over things that had happened in adulthood, at least. Over Snape's allegiance to Voldemort, or the way he had managed to weasel his way out of justice. Over his continued mistreatment of Harry, as though the poor kid didn't already have enough cruelty and hardship in his life. Just because he hated Harry's dead father, which in and of itself was a travesty in Sirius' mind. There had never been anyone better than James. It took a special brand of idiocy and blindness not to see that. Dunderhead.

Sirius had to bite his tongue throughout Snape's excuses as well. "She told me it was all taken care of, and I couldn't be bothered to check up on her," was what Snape was really saying. What had he been thinking? Didn't he understand teenagers any better than that? Sirius worked to keep from rolling his eyes, suddenly grateful that someone significantly more competent was headmaster during the Marauders' schooldays. Anything in the world might have happened to Remus under such a bumbling version of "care". Moron.

Although, now that Sirius thought about it, the Marauders probably would have had great fun goading a Headmaster Snape into explosion. Dumbledore almost took all the fun out of it. He nearly always responded with amusement unless it was a serious offense, and in those cases his disappointment was devastating to the Marauders. Dumbledore, like the Potters, disciplined mostly through relationship, not punishment, and it worked on Sirius better than punishment ever could. He'd have taken a million detentions not to have to see disappointment in the headmaster's eyes. Or Mr. and Mrs. Potter's. He'd rather have taken a beating than have to look at them and explain himself.

"Fine. We can discuss it more later." The last thing Sirius wanted to do was have a drink with Severus Snape, but he wasn't in any mood to speak with him now, either. Putting off the unpleasantness and softening it with alcohol - on Snape's knut - seemed a fine arrangement to Sirius. "And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see to Miss Spencer, since apparently no one else has ever seen fit to."

And with that, Sirius turned on his heel and marched back into the hospital wing. After a brief conversation with Poppy, he sat on the bed next to Ava's and smiled at her. "Feeling any better, my dear?"
Back to top Go down
Ava Spencer
Ava Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Ava knew that spying was wrong, but she couldn't help it. So when her Professor left the room she had cast a charm so that she would be able to hear their voices down the hall. She could not help it, she was curious about how they interacted with one another. She could hear the tiredness in both her instructor's voices and she felt horrible. Headmaster Snape sounded like he was dying and Professor Black sounded like he...well he sounded pissed. Her guilt began to overwhelm her. She didn't get along well with her teachers, but she never caused them any trouble. She knew that Professor Snape couldn't be all bad, he had a daughter...and she seemed to be growing quite well...surely Professor Snape's bark was bigger than his bite.

She shrugged at his question, not sure if she really was happy enough to enjoy is semi-good mood. She felt like she was taking up so much of their time, and she was making her teacher's fight. Granted, they probably always fought, but when she heard her Professor talk in such a cold voice...it turned her stomach.

"I don't like when your and Headmaster Snape talk..." she whispered. "You both sound...cold..."

She knew that Headmaster had a tendency to sound that way all the time, but Ava did not favor it when it came to her Astronomy teacher's voice. To her Professor Black's voice was meant to always be bright and cheery, he just seemed like that kind of guy. Just as she was sure Professor Snape would always have that cold, deep, voice that he was known for.

"I probably made a right mess of things," she sighed. "You both are going to fight and that's just going to make more drama...God, I hate this...I hate being me...I hate everything that comes with my life..."

Tears filled her eyes and she looked away from him and up towards the ceiling.

"Maybe...maybe you should put me in a cage, sir...maybe you should put me in a cage...Professor Black...and leave me there..."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 6:32 pm

"Oi," Sirius said softly. "You've got to stop blaming yourself for things that aren't your fault. Professor Snape and I will be fine. If it happens that we have a difference of opinion, we will work it out. The chances are even good we'll work it out before I lose my temper and send a bat bogey hex at him."

Sirius hoped Ava would recognize that as a joke. He was quite confident that he and Snape could speak without hexes. After all, they'd managed it before. Once or twice.

Sirius smiled to show he was kidding. Ava looked better already. He didn't know if it was the fact that she was finally getting a chance to rest or the fact that Pomfrey was a veritable miracle-worker, but the color was returning to her cheeks. It occurred to Sirius very suddenly that she should be included in his and Snape's discussion. It didn't seem right to make decisions about her without giving her any input. If she were a first year, that would be a different story, but she was nearly of age. Besides, she didn't appear to have any sort of real conception of what her lycanthropy really meant for her. Otherwise, she never would have been so reckless with it. Sirius could only hope that this would be a learning experience for her, and she wouldn't make the mistake again once she was away from Hogwarts.

Still, it wasn't Sirius' place to invite her along to his private meeting with the headmaster. And even if it were, she likely wouldn't be up for it by nightfall. Maybe they could discuss it in a few days. Yes, that was what they would do. He and Snape could come up with a few plans of action tonight, and then she could choose the one that most appealed to her, as she was the one who would have to live with it for the next two years. Just now, she didn't need to worry about much of anything. She only needed to sleep.

Sirius patted her on the shoulder. "You should try to get some rest, Miss Spencer. You'll feel better once you do. About everything."
Back to top Go down
Ava Spencer
Ava Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Ava's eyes had already been drifting close while her Professor spoke. She was just so tired and she could not help but want to just dream this night away. The only good thing that had come out of the evening was the fact that Ava had made a friend through Professor Black. She almost felt comforted that there was someone else she could trust with her burden. She would be able to go and talk to someone about this and not have to worry about being judged. And even though Professor Black said that he couldn't take care of her, because he did not know what to do or something on those lines...Ava felt that no one would have been able to make her feel as safe and as protected as he had. Sure, they had their few arguments on the way...and she hadn't been the most agreeable student... but the fact was that he had not left her and was genuinely concerned about her well being.

Her eyes fluttered open briefly and she turned, making sure that Professor Black was still there. She didn't know why, but she felt safe with him near. Her nightmares couldn't haunt her tonight, not with Professor Black near. Smiling weakly at him she pulled her blankets farther up around her shoulders and closed her eyes.

"Thank you Professor," she whispered. "For everything..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)   Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waxing Gibbous (Open to Anyone)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3